Watching the first minute of the UCLA-Kentucky game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching the first minute of the UCLA-Kentucky game

Didn't realize the over were that high this year for CBK. I have not bet at all this year on college basketball. Just made 3 picks this morning with my gut based on games that were coming up.

I haven't bet on a lot of unders this year and just don't like to because OT plays a part but have noticed they've gotten higher. I think it's because there seems to be a lot more foul shooting. I could be wrong but that's what I'm thinking.

Those UCLA big men are really friggin good! Can handle, pass, shoot and finish around the rim.

Where does one find some of those?

Hopefully UCLA takes the air out of the ball with the lead.

The key will be if Kentucky can get it within 8. Then there will be fouls. If it stays above 10 you could be OK.

I got the over at 171.5, looked a few hours later and saw it on my book at 177.5. Crazy how much it shot up - I feel confident with O 171.5, not so sure about O 177.5

Offense is so important. I get so annoyed because our program is elite and we completely neglect the offense. We rely on the defense way too much and that hurts us during the season.

We need a balance of defensive fits for the zone and players who can do stuff offensively. It can't all be pick and roll and making jump shots.

Offense is so important. I get so annoyed because our program is elite and we completely neglect the offense. We rely on the defense way too much and that hurts us during the season.

We need a balance of defensive fits for the zone and players who can do stuff offensively. It can't all be pick and roll and making jump shots.
Especially when we prioritize athletes over shooting...

UCLA has run more offensive sets in that time than we have all year.
Watching UCLA's ball movement is refreshing. ThEy are going to get smoked by Kentucky but don't tell me you can't scheme for offense.

Ironically this year it is win or else for Alford. When I was in Westwood this summer there was truck billboards driving around calling for his head. He may have the best pg in the country in Lonzo Ball.

I got the over at 171.5, looked a few hours later and saw it on my book at 177.5. Crazy how much it shot up - I feel confident with O 171.5, not so sure about O 177.5

Yeah, saw the jump. Hope we both pull this off, but I think you're going to nail it with ease. Love those games when I win early. haha

I turned one game off at halftime this year, had the under, total was in the 180s, they scored I think a combined 65 at half time thinking I won it, ended up going over.

I hate that call. That's a foul on Alford, but once you let the defender ride him hard like that when he tries to go upcourt (immediately after the catch), you should let that go.

Whatever happens, UK is either going to foul, or get fouled on both ends of the court. Will end up at 185.

I hate that call. That's a foul on Alford, but once you let the defender ride him hard like that when he tries to go upcourt (immediately after the catch), you should let that go.

One of the baseline out of bounds calls against Kentucky should have been a blocking call.

Really like UCLA's 2 freshmen Ball and Leaf! Wow.

Come on UCLA finish this thing off.

I love this shirt. I guess UK doesn't understand either.
8105547.png

UCLA has run more offensive sets in that time than we have all year.
Watching UCLA's ball movement is refreshing. ThEy are going to get smoked by Kentucky but don't tell me you can't scheme for offense.
I love watching UCLA play last year. Playing in the rough tough Pac 10, they actually had a team that didn't lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament, and that ain't bad, UCLA went 15-17. Running those great sets, they had a losing season. Something we haven't done in over 40+ years. And we are talking about UCLA here. Not exactly chopped liver. A little perspective.

Both are very impressive, I can't remember seeing such a weird looking shot, its like a double clutch.

That Leaf is relentless on the boards. 13 boards, 5 assists and 17 points. His motor and effort just doesn't stop.

I love watching UCLA play last year. Playing in the rough tough Pac 10, they actually had a team that didn't lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament, and that ain't bad, UCLA went 15-17. Running those great sets, they had a losing season. Something we haven't done in over 40+ years. And we are talking about UCLA here. Not exactly chopped liver. A little perspective.
You realize we were an outlier last year right?
How you even argue our offense isn't a problem is alarming. I didn't mention last year at all. I was talking about this game at Kentucky. UCLA in the first minute of the game ran more sets than we have.

Our offense is awful and it hasn't gotten better. We will win games on defense but we won't win a championship without a better offense. This is about championships. I don't care about wins in December. I would take a losing season if we means we win a NC.

You realize we were an outlier last year right?
How you even argue our offense isn't a problem is alarming. I didn't mention last year at all. I was talking about this game at Kentucky. UCLA in the first minute of the game ran more sets than we have.

Our offense is awful and it hasn't gotten better. We will win games on defense but we won't win a championship without a better offense. This is about championships. I don't care about wins in December. I would take a losing season if we means we win a NC.
lol it wasn't our offense that stopped us in 2010 or 2012. Those teams were running the same offense, and were either the best team in the country or the second best. Two other times we went to the final four. A 3rd time we were 25-0. The old saying, it's not the x's and o's. It's the jimmies and the joe's. We need much better pt guard play. We don't have it on a consistent basis. That is the trouble for our offense. Plus, we have been limited with the ability of our low post players. It really is that simple. This is not the first trip down this road. Are you suggesting that JB doesn't know enough about offensive basketball to install a different offense if he thought that was best? Are you suggesting that you know more about offensive basketball than JB? What? And do you know that long before jb was known for the 2-3 zone, he was known as a offensive guru. It's true. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with the way our o or d is run. That is what being a fan is all about. But this suggestion that wow, UCLA runs such impressive sets. Going in to this year, there was pressure on whether Alford was the right guy and could keep his job. He got better guards. And ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom