Way too early look ahead to qb in 13' | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Way too early look ahead to qb in 13'

Different type of offense, different approach to the passing game within the offense, much different qualities of player being thrown to. D used the run to set up deep balls off of play action.

Comparing yds per attempt/completion doesn't take any of that into account.

True, but the numbers provide an objective framework for the discussion. They don't have all the answers but they produce the right questions.

True, but the numbers provide an objective framework for the discussion. They don't have all the answers but they produce the right questions.

Really, I didn't know that.

I answered the question.

The thing that drives me crazy on this board is how quickly people forget stuff like this. People here liked Miller every bit as much as they now like Allen.
Miller got hurt and never recovered. Kid was a very good QB

Some people

Some people would include some coaches.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Miller got hurt and never recovered. Kid was a very good QB

I'm not sure what difference this makes -- the point being that a lot of folks were very excited that we may have finally had "the future" at QB but an injury AND off-field stuff derailed his career. That's the point I'm making. I'm excited about the Allen kid too but I'm not sure how so many folks are convinced he's a 4-year starter from Day 1 and will be on his way to 120 TDs or something. Even if he is theoretically that good, he still needs to stay healthy, stay clear of trouble, work in the film room and weight room, etc. It's fine to be excited but I think many of the folks having wet dreams about the kid were doing the same with Miller just a couple years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom