Wayne Morgan likes Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Morgan likes Marrone

We are currently in the lead for him. I think he is another Mike Holmes.

We are currently in the lead for him. I think he is another Mike Holmes.
I would hope he is better than that.

Mike Holmes was a pretty good player.

Have to agree, 3 years starter as well, maybe even 4. Kid was solid for Syracuse, not spectacular but he and Merk were great last year after the UW game. I read a lot this year how much more bigger and athletic are corners are, not really sold. I hope Reddish and Desir are ready as well. I havent seen Reddish since he got burned at USC which is unfortunate. Not seeing it with Lyn or Anderson, so far.

Lyn still looks out of shape to me as well, he was gasping for air and puked on the field versus WVU-- AGAIN

if he redshirts - I think Morgan could be a 4 year starter for SU. SU is going to have some very good defenses in that stretch, so he would be well known and playing against some very good receivers at UM, FSU, Clem, UNC, etc.

Would be a very smart decision for him to go to Syracuse - lots of exposure, chances for national recognition and playing with friends from NYC - not to mention games against big-name programs in Giants/Jets stadium.

if he redshirts - I think Morgan could be a 4 year starter for SU. SU is going to have some very good defenses in that stretch, so he would be well known and playing against some very good receivers at UM, FSU, Clem, UNC, etc.

Would be a very smart decision for him to go to Syracuse - lots of exposure, chances for national recognition and playing with friends from NYC - not to mention games against big-name programs in Giants/Jets stadium.

I think Morgan will got to Syracuse... the more gets we get from downstate the easier it will continue to get.. Morgan is a hell of an athlete but very raw as most are from down there

I think Morgan will got to Syracuse... the more gets we get from downstate the easier it will continue to get.. Morgan is a hell of an athlete but very raw as most are from down there

Been saying for awhile it is 80% but it is probably trending up.

Agree and kids help recruit other kids a lot. Always help when you have buddies already playing at a school that are happy where they are, very important

Pretty bad when SU fans are writing articles about hopeful SU players and not understanding that the Friday night rating loss included the county that Rutgers is in, as well as all surrounding counties.

Nope, all NYC to him.

Pretty bad when SU fans are writing articles about hopeful SU players and not understanding that the Friday night rating loss included the county that Rutgers is in, as well as all surrounding counties.

Nope, all NYC to him.
Do you really expect anything different from Orange Fizz though? Joke of a website. They discredit our commits and then get mad we aren't giving offers to kids who like up but have no other offers.

Nope, all NYC to him.

There is simply too many people writing things on the internet that see themselves as pseudo journalists that should not be, everybody wants to feel like they have a better take or know more, look at me, look at me.. It's nonsense really... :bang:

Dohn also thinks it is SU by a good margin.

Dohn also thinks it is SU by a good margin.

For whatever reason, and I hate to say this, most of the others like Michigan and rutgers backed off completely.

An impo
For whatever reason, and I hate to say this, most of the others like Michigan and rutgers backed off completely.
An important recruit for SU none the less. Keeps the pipeline flowing and as mentioned above, kids recruit their friends. A commitment from Morgan will pay dividends down the road.

Yes, they did. I know that those schools wanted him to commit very early and he didn't - essentially offering x amount of db's and the kid was left without a spot.

I have heard a rumor about grades, but nothing substantial.

Wayne appears to have great measurables, but looks really raw as a football player. Schools like Bama and Michigan can bring in kids with those measurables that can play now. In those conferences. Marrone has shown a commitment into bringing in athletes with less fb experience ala Kinder, Kobena, Hunt, Bromley, Broyld, etc.

We will see if it works out.

An impo

An important recruit for SU none the less. Keeps the pipeline flowing and as mentioned above, kids recruit their friends. A commitment from Morgan will pay dividends down the road.

Without a doubt.

The Michigan comment is accurate, they offered him very early and then ran out of spots. Rutgers - who knows. If he's good enough to have an early offer from Michigan and not early interest - that's good enough for me. Seems like a hell of a talent but like most city kids, pretty raw.

I could care less when he got an offer from Bama, Michigan, or another big name school. If they're willing to give the kid a shot, we ought to be drooling over him. That said, it seems like he is willing to put in the hard work that DM demands, and is willing to be in a program that stresses accountability and professionalism, even as amateurs. That says enough for me. I hope he is wrapped up by Christmas and comes in ready to work - which I don't doubt he is.

An athlete is an athlete. If they need a few years to be coached up and learn the ropes, that's what marrone and co will supply them with. NYC is obviously loaded with athletic kids, who cares if other schools aren't heavily recruiting them. Build a program around athletes, just add good coaching, stir and drink victories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom