We are a basketball school. | Syracusefan.com

We are a basketball school.

We are both. Let those who prefer basketball enjoy it more and those who prefer football enjoy it more. Those who enjoy both alot enjoy both and those who don't enjoy either to much well... go watch lacrosse.

We are both. Let those who prefer basketball enjoy it more and those who prefer football enjoy it more. Those who enjoy both alot enjoy both and those who don't enjoy either to much well... go watch lacrosse.

YAY ME!!! I LOOOOOOVE ALL 3!!!!1

No you are a basketball homey. I prefer football more than whatever any basketball game can offer me.

Why do I still feel like crying if we don't care about football?

Confirmation just arrived.

This man would like to have a word with you.
jim_brown.jpg

Confirmation just arrived.

ESPN College Football Gameday pregame show this morning at the end when they make their picks on various games. Fowler brought up this game, and appologized for it (because he knew nobody cared but since it was on ESPNU they have to pick it). Coroso laughed and said this is a football show. Herbstreit said give me Boehiem over Calhoun.

We are a basketball school. Perception is reality.

Absolutely a basketball school. Nothing wrong with that.

Then why is anyone wasting their time with the program. If that's the case, then just get rid of it.

Then why is anyone wasting their time with the program. If that's the case, then just get rid of it.
Noone is saying that they should get rid of the program. I am just saying if you polled 1000 people and ask them what sport do you think of when you think of Syracuse 999 would say basketball. We are contenders every year for a shot at the NC in basketball. We may never get to that point again in football. Disappointing as hell but reality.

Our basketball team gets more respect than the football team. When people think about SU athletics they think basketball. We are no doubt a bball school.

Noone is saying that they should get rid of the program. I am just saying if you polled 1000 people and ask them what sport do you think of when you think of Syracuse 999 would say basketball. We are contenders every year for a shot at the NC in basketball. We may never get to that point again in football. Disappointing as hell but reality.

There are probably 80 schools playing FBS ball that have no chance of ever winning a NC ... including a bunch of BCS teams. If you eliminate 80 CFB programs, you might as well eliminate about 20 MLB teams, and the entire AFC West.

There are probably 80 schools playing FBS ball that have no chance of ever winning a NC ... including a bunch of BCS teams. If you eliminate 80 CFB programs, you might as well eliminate about 20 MLB teams, and the entire AFC West.
Thats why we are a basketball school and that is why there needs to be a playoff. I am sick and tired of this whole the best 2 teams have to play for the NC crap. Funny how its the only sport on the planet that does this.

The current BCS system isn't perfect, but it's an improvement over the old bowl system, where LSU and Oklahoma could never meet.

Someday they'll be an 8 team playoff. Even that won't be perfect.

Thats why we are a basketball school and that is why there needs to be a playoff. I am sick and tired of this whole the best 2 teams have to play for the NC crap. Funny how its the only sport on the planet that does this.

It's also the only sport that has a regular season that actually really matters!!! That's what makes college football great. Have a playoff and half the country isn't watching Alabama-LSU tonight. And Alabama and LSU aren't going all out and not showing the other team everything cause they would be saving stuff for their likely rematch. It would ruin the sport

The current BCS system isn't perfect, but it's an improvement over the old bowl system, where LSU and Oklahoma could never meet.

Someday they'll be an 8 team playoff. Even that won't be perfect.
I hear ya but its an absolute joke. Hard to take the sport seriously with a system like this in place. If Okie State isnt #2 after this week then its a disgrace. Id rather see the 9th team get screwed than the 3rd team like we have now.

It's also the only sport that has a regular season that actually really matters!!! That's what makes college football great. Have a playoff and half the country isn't watching Alabama-LSU tonight. And Alabama and LSU aren't going all out and not showing the other team everything cause they would be saving stuff for their likely rematch. It would ruin the sport
Bah, I'm not buying it. Its football and people would watch it smothered in dog while in a snow storm. The hype with a playoff looming would be literally be to the moon.

Bah, I'm not buying it. Its football and people would watch it smothered in dog **** while in a snow storm. The hype with a playoff looming would be literally be to the moon.
You kill meaningful regular season rivalry's. And you turn it into the NBA or NHL regular season. Some games matters, most don't. Teams can take games off if they have something wrapped up. Ohio St vs Michigan, on years where BOTH are going to the playoffs, you would have both sides resting guys and getting ready for the playoff. They would hold back plays because of not wanting to show too much incase they meet up again. And whichever team lost would say, who cares we didn't really try.

A playoff would KILL the regular season and take away everything that is GREAT about college football overnight. Make it just another sport.

You kill meaningful regular season rivalry's. And you turn it into the NBA or NHL regular season. Some games matters, most don't. Teams can take games off if they have something wrapped up. Ohio St vs Michigan, on years where BOTH are going to the playoffs, you would have both sides resting guys and getting ready for the playoff. They would hold back plays because of not wanting to show too much incase they meet up again. And whichever team lost would say, who cares we didn't really try.

A playoff would KILL the regular season and take away everything that is GREAT about college football overnight. Make it just another sport.
I guess we differ on what is considered great. NBA and the NHL have way too many games to begin with so thats a bad comparison. So you are saying that an 8 team playoff wouldnt be incredible? Worlds better than the system we have now? You can't be serious if you feel that this wouldnt be better. The regular season would still be exciting. No reason a team should be eliminated for losing one game. College football is great if you are an SEC fan. It sucks for everyone else.

You're talking the rare case where a game in the last 1-2 weeks of a season may involve 2 of the possible playoff teams. Even in a game like tonight you can't say that the teams would have held back, as Arkansas and Georgia can still supplant them. And if Ohio State or Michigan are holding anything back against each other, its not much of a rivalry.

Maybe for you - for me SU will always be a FB school.

You're talking the rare case where a game in the last 1-2 weeks of a season may involve 2 of the possible playoff teams. Even in a game like tonight you can't say that the teams would have held back, as Arkansas and Georgia can still supplant them. And if Ohio State or Michigan are holding anything back against each other, its not much of a rivalry.
LSU and Alabama would have most definitely held back. Thankfully no playoff is anywhere near happening and probably never will. I hope they renew that BCS contract for 8 years instead of 4 like usual.

Plus College football HAS a playoff. Starts the final week of August and goes till the first week of December!!! It is what makes the sport great!

LSU and Alabama would have most definitely held back. Thankfully no playoff is anywhere near happening and probably never will. I hope they renew that BCS contract for 8 years instead of 4 like usual.

Plus College football HAS a playoff. Starts the final week of August and goes till the first week of December!!! It is what makes the sport great!

Tell that to Houston, or other non-AQ teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom