We are about to find out ... | Syracusefan.com

We are about to find out ...

Townie72

All American
AT 2:00pm today we will start to find out if:

1. The last 6 games were an aberration. A slump brought on by fatigue or metal exhaustion or a temporary loss of confidence or the moon being in the wrong phase.

2. The last 6 games are representative of what this team has become --- good individual players that went put together in a system can't function efficiently.

3. A fundamentally-flawed team that once opposing coaches understood its weaknesses they were able to exploit them easily and effectively.

I hope it's 1. I fear its 2 or 3.

4. We find out nothing. I expect to win, but it could be a classic case of the better team winning. Let's be real: this is Seton Hall. Sometimes, talent beats execution.

I agree with your points 1-3, I'm hoping for 1.

Nothing in the last 6 games indicates we have anything to be worried about. Look at the DePaul and PC games.

We've struggled against very good teams. SH is not a very good team. Heck, even Pitt isn't a very good team, but Pitt is a whole other issue for us.

AT 2:00pm today we will start to find out if:

1. The last 6 games were an aberration. A slump brought on by fatigue or metal exhaustion or a temporary loss of confidence or the moon being in the wrong phase.

2. The last 6 games are representative of what this team has become --- good individual players that went put together in a system can't function efficiently.

3. A fundamentally-flawed team that once opposing coaches understood its weaknesses they were able to exploit them easily and effectively.

I hope it's 1. I fear its 2 or 3.

We'll also find out how mentally tough our team is. Can they put the slump behind and bounce back, focusing on the task at hand? Or will they falter.

It's a whole new season--blank slate, single elimination. Time to step up. This is still the team that started 18-1 and ascended to #3 in the rankings. They're also the team that couldn't shoot straight en route to losing 7 of 12.

Need to recapture the mojo and find a way to scrap out some wins heading into the NCAA tournament.

I would say a combination of 2 and 3 with more weight on 3.

We are playing a tired Seton Hall team who was 3-15 in the Big East. We are finding out about as much relevant stuff today as the Depaul game last week. Close to nothing.

We are playing a tired Seton Hall team who was 3-15 in the Big East. We are finding out about as much relevant stuff today as the Depaul game last week. Close to nothing.

Probably true [although personally I found out plenty about our team against Depaul, given that we struggled to make shots].

This is hopefully going to be more of a tune up game than anything. I just want to see us knock down some jumpers and gain some confidence. Hope we roll these MFers.

Probably true [although personally I found out plenty about our team against Depaul, given that we struggled to make shots].

This is hopefully going to be more of a tune up game than anything. I just want to see us knock down some jumpers and gain some confidence. Hope we roll these MFers.
yup . . . the only lessons we can possibly take from this game are bad ones. we are supposed to win comfortably. If we don't - or (gulp) if we lose, then those are lessons most of us would rather skip.

now, tomorrow, if we make it there, we can learn something.

Reactions: 007
I think this game can actually give us a few clews.
Win big...maybe, just maybe back on track.
Win small...probably not as good as we all hope.
Loose...game over.

I expect this team to barely win, but hope I'm wrong and they beat Seton Hall by 30.

I think this game can actually give us a few clews.
Win big...maybe, just maybe back on track.
Win small...probably not as good as we all hope.
Loose...game over.

Not sure what winning by 20 would really tell us to be honest.

What can we learn that we can beat bad teams? We've beaten bad teams all year the problem is we haven't beaten any good teams in the past six weeks!

:bang:

we won't find out anything until tomorrow, hopefully

Dont underestimate the value of success relative to the confidence it can instill. Seeing that ball go through the rim will do wonders for someone in a slump even its against Gouverneur High School.