we are going to destroy Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

we are going to destroy Rutgers

kcsu

Living Legend
Does anyone else get the feeling that we are going to crush Rutgers? I just think that we are going to put it all together this week. My prediction is 42-14

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are going to crush Rutgers? I just think that we are going to put it all together this week. My prediction is 42-14

No I don't at all, I think it will be another very close game, whcih I like our chances in close games but Rutgers will play tough and has a lot of talent

OP clearly missed this year's theme -- "cardiac kids".

No I don't at all, I think it will be another very close game, whcih I like our chances in close games but Rutgers will play tough and has a lot of talent

Rutgers has some talent.

Huge game this week. A "must win".

Can't see us blowing them out. Have to like Marrone over Schiano in a tight game though.

I agree. Rutgers has lots of talent on that team, they just don't seem to show it all together for the most part. It should be a close one, yet again.

Slow down big fella... I dont think we will crush any team this year, especially going forward. Rutgers will be a tough opponent, fired up and ready to play. I'm sure we will see the helicopter hovering over the SU campus trying to do some advanced scouting techniques.

Would I like to see a blowout win against Rutgers? Sure
Do I think its going to happen? Nope.

I think we win pulling away late in the 4th quarter. 27-17

I'll be happy with a win, no matter how. I am concerned about our ability to contain Sanu with our issues in the secondary. If you can stop Sanu, their offense can't score. Some semblance of QB pressure would be nice too.

Toledo > RU

Their defense is soft and we protect the ball as Go pointed out earlier:
Rutgers has given up 7.1 yds per play the last two games. They are living on TO's, 4, 5, and 4 gained in their three games. SU has turned it over 4 times total in 4 games.

OL is coming together (really!), DL improving every series, add in Chandler Jones and Shamarko Thomas, PTG & West earning some trust on offense.

Marrone is 2-0 vs. Greg Schiano for a reason. Huge advantage there.

Don't see a close one, boys.

I'll be happy with a win, no matter how. I am concerned about our ability to contain Sanu with our issues in the secondary. If you can stop Sanu, their offense can't score. Some semblance of QB pressure would be nice too.

If we cant get pressure vs Rutgers O-line i dont expect to see any the rest of the way. Sanu is scary good but when we say they've got "some talent" he's honestly the only one I would count as talent from what weve seen to this point. Would be ideal to play man over coverage on him and have one of our more aggressive DB's step in front of any of the 15 passes forced his way.

We'll score at least 30 but if were starting walk ons and freshman on defense again they'll get lucky and score a few as well.

If we win the turnover battle we will win by at least 2 scores though. We've played 3 more talented, better coached teams thus far and you can see the game starting to slow down for some of the younger guys.

Coaching staff and QB are in SU's favor.

One thing in Rutgers favor is that Cignetti lit SU up the last two years when he was at Pitt. He obviously scheme's pretty well against what Shafer likes to do.

One thing in Rutgers favor is that Cignetti lit SU up the last two years when he was at Pitt. He obviously scheme's pretty well against what Shafer likes to do.

More bubble screens but I'll take that over the read option :bang:

I'm going to call it right now but the first play from scrimmage will be wr bubble screen. It's the first play he ran last year against us that went the distance. Other teams have had some success with it against us this year to.

It'll sure be interesting overall because Cignetti doesn't have the horses at rutgers that he had at pitt. Rutgers has a bevy of good wr's (though sanu gets 60% of the touches) but they are thin on the line and don't have any tight ends that'll scare you. Pitt's tight ends really hurt us last year. RB is TBD because they're playing musical chairs with the group. Jawan Jamison looks like the guy right now but he's not as good as what pitt was throwing at us last year behind huge offensive lineman.

How many times will they put Sanu in the wildcat? How many times will Chandler and Shamarko end his world?

Rutgers sucks. Let's send them to mid-majordom in style.

I

I, for one, agree with you. I think Marrone will have a great game plan ready considering his goal of winning the Big East and this is game one. 34-17

How many times will they put Sanu in the wildcat? How many times will Chandler and Shamarko end his world?

Rutgers sucks. Let's send them to mid-majordom in style.

1. probably none.You haven't seen them play this season or read up on them, or you wouldn't ask this question.
2. As much as I would love to see this, Sanu is a physical freak. Probably moreso than any player in the BE.

He gives me major concern.

Much more likely if C. Jones and S. Thomas are in the line up and if Spruill can go full tilt.

1. probably none.You haven't seen them play this season or read up on them, or you wouldn't ask this question.
2. As much as I would love to see this, Sanu is a physical freak. Probably moreso than any player in the BE.

I've seen them play, and I have faith in our heroes. Destroy him. And Dodd too.

I agree. Rutgers isn't a great team and is horribly handicapped by poor coaching, but they have good talent at some skilled positions.

They are a strange team to watch them play. They are largely disfunctional on offense, do not play as a team and often look lost out there. Sanu is a very good player but like last year, they are overusing him and running him into the ground. Good defenses find it easy to stop one dimension offenses, and Rutgers has the mother of all one dimenional offenses (though they have the talent to be much more diverse).

On defense, they have a nice collection of raw athletes that can run but are really undisciplined. It looks like they focus on trying to make crushing hits and to knock the ball loose rather than on things like coverage, assignments and tackling. That is why they give up so many big yardage plays (and get a lot of turnovers too).

DM and his staff are, I think, well suited to dealing with this type of coaching approach. It plays right into their hands. This is a big reason why they are 2-0 against Schiano and why they will soon be 3-0.

That being said, I agree with IB. Another really close game. Special teams play will be important...RU can compensate for their bad offense with points here. Need to neutralize that. Bottom line, SU wins close games, Rutgers loses them. I don't see that changing anytime soon...it is really hard to break the loser mentality once it is in place.

One caveat...if our defense is as injured on Saturday as it was last week, it is going to be really hard to get a win. I hope Chandler, Sharmarko and Marcus Spruill are at or near 100%. Pretty sure at least one of them will not play, unfortunately.

I agree. Rutgers isn't a great team and is horribly handicapped by poor coaching, but they have good talent at some skilled positions.

They are a strange team to watch them play. They are largely disfunctional on offense, do not play as a team and often look lost out there. Sanu is a very good player but like last year, they are overusing him and running him into the ground. Good defenses find it easy to stop one dimension offenses, and Rutgers has the mother of all one dimenional offenses (they have have the talent to be much more diverse).

On defense, they have a nice collection of raw athletes that can run but are really undisciplined. It looks like they focus on trying to make crushing hits and to knock the ball loose rather than on things like coverage, assignments and tackling. That is why they give up so many big yardage plays (and get a lot of turnovers too).

DM and his staff are, I think, well suited to dealing with this type of coaching approach. It plays right into their hands. This is a big reason why they are 2-0 against Schiano and why they will soon be 3-0.

That being said, I agree with IB. Another really close game. Special teams play will be important...RU can compensate for their bad offense with points here. Need to neutralize that. Bottom line, SU wins close games, Rutgers loses them. I don't see that changing anytime soon...it is really hard to break the loser mentality once it is in place.

One caveat...if our defense is as injured on Saturday as it was last week, it is going to be really hard to get a win. I hope Chandler, Sharmarko and Marcus Spruill are at or near 100%. Pretty sure at least one of them will not play, unfortunately.

I think we need Shamarko and Spruill to win this game, suprisingly our depth at DE has filled in nicely. Somehow I think it's Shamrko will be the last to come back, SU was sitting their 3 biggest impact guys on defense last week, that is difficult to win with that

After this one, everyone's going to be posting nutty like we're going to upset WVa, we're going 9-2, we're going to the Orange Bowl.

It's going to be one win over an undisciplined, rudderless mess of a team.

Control the time of possession and it ain't even close.

Sanu is the best player in the Big East, IMO. Tremendous talent and future NFL top 15 pick. Kid is a freak athlete and will eat us alive if we don't keep track of him. Too big for our secondart too fast for LB's. He will be tough to cover.. Rutgers is much better than last year, I know some won't believe it but they have much better athletes than we do, we have twice the coach. IF we turn it over, they will blow us out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom