We are soft inside | Syracusefan.com

We are soft inside

That Mahmoud is 7'0", 215 lbs (more or less the body of Billy Celuck), and somehow he seemed tougher than anyone on our roster. I don't understand why this is.

White is also too small for the wing.
White is 6'7" and not too small for the wing. The problem is that he "plays small" at times.

They are both about 6'10. They should be able to handle Center.

Height isn't their problem as much as weight is. 6'9 or 6'10 is about average height for a Center, but neither really has the body or pedigree to play the position well. They get pushed around. For context, I think TT would still be bad on defense wherever he plays.

Lydon is 6'8. Rebounding has so many factors and height should not tell the tale

He's actually the best defensive rebounder percentage wise we have had since Rick Jackson. The issue is nobody else can board.

Height isn't their problem as much as weight is. 6'9 or 6'10 is about average height for a Center, but neither really has the body or pedigree to play the position well. They get pushed around. For context, I think TT would still be bad on defense wherever he plays.
A few games ago somebody tried to say SU "centers" were equal size wise to the opponents. Apparently they didn't read the game guides then. 6'10 /225 and 6'9" / 223 . SU were closer to the Louisville guys in size. Now as you say, pedigree (or experience) is a different story.

He's actually the best defensive rebounder percentage wise we have had since Rick Jackson. The issue is nobody else can board.

Best drb% since Rick Jackson? No lol. He's the best since.. Rakeem lol.

Lydon is the leader on the team the last two years for those playing significant minutes. Does not mean he's the best we've had in 7+ years.

Lydon is the leader on the team the last two years for those playing significant minutes. Does not mean he's the best we've had in 7+ years.

Missed Rakeem, but Rebounding percentage is totally different than total rebounds. I think you're confusing the two. Either way 2nd best since RJ.

You think Lydon was the leader of last years team? Not silent g?

Sorry you were talking about rebounding. Misunderstood your post.

Missed Rakeem, but Rebounding percentage is totally different than total rebounds. I think you're confusing the two. Either way 2nd best since RJ.

I understand the difference between both. 2014-2015 Rakeem had a 19.6 DRB% - Lydon last year was 16.5% and currently is 18.2%.

Hell on the '14-15 team we also had Roberson at 17.4% playing 28.7 MPG

Lydon is not the 2nd best since Jackson. He's certainly up there. I'd say either 4th or 5th. Maybe 3rd depending how he finishes

I understand the difference between both. 2014-2015 Rakeem had a 19.6 DRB% - Lydon last year was 16.5% and currently is 18.2%.

Hell on the '14-15 team we also had Roberson at 17.4% playing 28.7 MPG

Lydon is not the 2nd best since Jackson. He's certainly up there. I'd say either 4th or 5th. Maybe 3rd depending how he finishes

Defensive rebounding percentage is second since Jackson. Rebounding percentage doesn't change based upon minutes played. It means what percentage of defensive rebounds players get when they are on the court. I would say Roberson is a better offensive rebounder than Lydon, not defensive though.

Defensive rebounding percentage is second since Jackson. Rebounding percentage doesn't change based upon minutes played. It means what percentage of defensive rebounds players get when they are on the court. I would say Roberson is a better offensive rebounder than Lydon, not defensive though.

I'm looking at the stats lol. I put the MPG for Roberson because it's to show that they're playing against real competition. If you'd like to get technical and not include MPG then Tyler Lydon is 4th on the team this year in DRB%... It is clear he is the best on the team this year, but he is not better than Rakeem. Stats don't lie

upload_2017-2-27_11-35-2.png

I'm looking at the stats lol. I put the MPG for Roberson because it's to show that they're playing against real competition. If you'd like to get technical and not include MPG then Tyler Lydon is 4th on the team this year in DRB%... It is clear he is the best on the team this year, but he is not better than Rakeem. Stats don't lie

View attachment 90479

Whatever. Agree to disagree. You're being a little obtuse.

Whatever. Agree to disagree. You're being a little obtuse.

Well if you say he is the best (at a very specific stat) since RJ and he isn't, then i don't know what to say lol. Agree to disagree seconded.

View attachment 90479
That makes me miss Coleman's potential contributions to this team even more.

Well if you say he is the best (at a very specific stat) since RJ and he isn't, then i don't know what to say lol. Agree to disagree seconded.

I said 2nd best once you pointed out Christmas(based on full time players) and then you brought Roberson into the conversation and confused me. If you wanted to just argue for that sake yes you are right Radner is the best defensive rebounder in Syracuse history.

And yes I agree with the poster above, the fact Coleman couldn't play has hurt us this year.

I said 2nd best once you pointed out Christmas(based on full time players) and then you brought Roberson into the conversation and confused me. If you wanted to just argue for that sake yes you are right Radner is the best defensive rebounder in Syracuse history.

And yes I agree with the poster above, the fact Coleman couldn't play has hurt us this year.

To be honest I have to apologize I thought you were sticking to best since, once I included christmas. Haha sorry I guess my mind just read it too quickly.

Personally I'm not even a huge fan of the advanced stats. I think Jerami Grant was a much better rebounder than the stats say. Some of those advanced stats are ridic too. One of the walkons 'true shooting percentage' was like 150%. Like come on haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom