We are soft inside | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We are soft inside

White is 6'7" and not too small for the wing. The problem is that he "plays small" at times.
I wouldn't even say that, although true. The problem is white is not as athletic as Syracuse wings usually are, he's not even in the same conversation. He also has a very limited skill set, the skills he does have are great but every other area is a glaring weakness (athleticism, rebounding, passing, and dribbling)

White and Lydon have played every minute since the Cold War. In a conference that has talent on every team, and physicality on every team.

Sometimes just sitting a minute to see the floor from an outside perspective is incredibly beneficial. We saw this a lot with fair. He would get a breather and then come back in and make a play.

Unfortunately, we don't have the bodies. You can argue injuries all you want (don't think it's close to the main reason), but there just isn't much chance for these guys to sit. Do I think it's possible? Yes, but obviously the coach doesn't think so.

However... 40 minutes virtually every game? In this conference? t's insanity, honestly. Of course most of it is because every game we've been in has been close recently, exception last night.

One of our bigs biggest problems is they don't run back. White and especially TT jog back most times which leads to opposing bigs getting dunks or early leverage in half court sets. You need to run back after made baskets.
Thompson, in particular, needs to show greater urgency in getting back on defense and keeping his head in the game defensively.

Thompson, in particular, needs to show greater urgency in getting back on defense and keeping his head in the game defensively.

No kidding about getting back on defense. I think we all looked to the bench for Roberson to be getting up when Thompson was around the free throw line as Louisville was laying it in around the 18 minute mark of the first half.

Didyou see Mahmoud's body?
Height isn't their problem as much as weight is. 6'9 or 6'10 is about average height for a Center, but neither really has the body or pedigree to play the position well. They get pushed around. For context, I think TT would still be bad on defense wherever he plays.

Well he's listed at 6'9 (obviously he could've grown since they listed him) but Gillon is listed at 6'0.

I can't really trust that lol

Yeah I'm like 75% sure Gillon can even ride all the rides at Six Flags.

yeah, not having a Center tends to do that. TT and Lydon are Forwards impersonating Centers.
I think center is Lydon's best position. On the wing of the zone, defensively he's not quite a turnstile but he's not good. I'd say he's a center impersonating a forward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom