We can finish top four in the ACC. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We can finish top four in the ACC.

After watching the Big ten pretty much whip the ACC the past couple days there’s no doubt in my mind coach can get these guys to finish top four in the ACC. Some thoughts.

1. Duke's clearly the best team, Virginia isn't too far behind.

2. Louisville is undefeated, but they are actually a worse shooting team than us. 42%. Their guards make Cooney look like Reggie Miller. We get them at home, and don't go there.

3. We are better than UNC. They have one shooter like us. We beat Iowa on a neutral court, and they lost at home shooting 28 percent.

4. Miami is good, but we get them in the Dome.

5. Notre Dame will be tough at their place, but by February 24th I think we will have cut down on a lot of the stupid mistakes we are making, and they typically struggle against the zone.

6. Pittsburgh is a mess.

7. Besides going to Duke, UNC, and Pitt the rest of our road games look to be against the cellar dwellers.

I'm not guaranteeing we are going to finish in the top four of the ACC, but I think it's important to remember when judging Syracuse, you must look at the entire landscape of the ACC and College Basketball in its entirety. I am very confident now that Iowa will end up as a tournament team. The ACC looks to be down this year. We just need to keep getting better and I believe our ceiling is higher than virtually everyone else in the Conference not named Duke.

Literally anything is possible. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, imo this season will be like a volatile plane ride where you have no control over your life, you just just have to have faith in the pilot.

Lets recap the season so far the best i can. We were tied with the 17th ranked team in the country ON THE ROAD with less than a minute left after we had just had 5 mindless turnovers. And then we turn the ball over two more times in last minute in a way that if a jv high school team had those turnovers , the coach would just cringe. Before that we embarrass ourselves against Cal, but the next night we control the game against Iowa and then iowa goes on to beat the 13th ranked team on the road. And of course holy cross beats the 25th ranked team and we dominate holy cross.

My only conclusion, anything is possible. Theres only 2-5 teams where im not confident we have the POTENTIAL to match by the end of the season. Key word is potential, we actually have to improve. The key is to watch the progress of this young team.....be patient (JB said it would take weeks to months) and hopefully its an enjoyable process

Perhaps you've only seen Lville playing well. Yes they are very good but they were pretty flat and played poorly for a long stretch in the second half at home against Illinois. I think it was a 3pt game with about 2:30 to go. I think they finish top 3 in the ACC but they are not without their issues and far from amazing IMO.

No one is putting us ahead of UNC, PITT, ND or MIAMI just saying if we improve we could finish in front of those teams as none of them are all that scary this season.

The thing with Louisville this year is I just don't think they have the offensive firepower they have had in years past. Don't get me wrong their defensive pressure is difficult to play against, but they are shooting worse than us so far this year. If they don't have the three point shooting to play against our zone they will have a difficult time scoring against us as well, especially in the Dome.

IMO, UVA could win the NC in March. I can't see UL winning the NC. That is why I have UVA 2nd. Louisville's depth isn't good enough to win a NC they hack like crazy and their depth will kill them in a March game.

UVA locks teams down in the half-court and while they foul they dominate teams in the half-court. I am not joking when I say we could struggle to crack 40 points against UVA. They just grind teams on defensive make them eat a lot of shot clock and run off their defense. We could see a game against UVA where the first team to 40 wins.

ND is a smart team they just will blow games because of their DNA and coach. I agree 4th-7th could be anybody. I like UM because Rodriguez/Jakiri outside-inside duo.
I agree about UVA. Their style of meatgrinder ball is very difficult to play against. They remind me somewhat of the Seton Hall teams under PJ Carlisimo. Those teams beat the crap out of SU's high flyers.

Louisville is amazing. Not sure how anyone could watch them and not think Final 4 contender. They are also a horrible matchup for us. Freshman PG, a SG with mediocre handle and no forwards who are good with the ball (maybe G). We might have 30 turnovers vs them.

The top 3 is pretty much clear, thats for sure... but to put us ahead of UNC or Pitt or ND or Miami, is a bit premature IMO.

I am worried about the Duke game also. But really all that matters is we make it to the NCAA tournament. So it may be more important that we beat teams like Georga Tech, Florida State, Wake Forest, Clemson, etc...

lol we aren't beating UNC or Louisville. We're looking at a double digit loss season.

lol we aren't beating UNC or Louisville. We're looking at a double digit loss season.

Unc lost at home to a team we beat on a neutral court. Our frontline will dominate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom