We can make the choice to fix the offense | Syracusefan.com

We can make the choice to fix the offense

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
It seems to me like there isn't a whole lot of variety to our offensive sets. I see a lot of the same motions intended to curl Cooney off of a screen at the three point line, curl Thickburger across the baseline, and double pick for Ennis up top.

That leaves us playing 3 on 5, because Cooney rarely gets a shot out of those sets and Rak pretty much gets ignored. We need to add some creativity to the playbook to get those guys some looks. We just have put too much scoring burden on CJ and Ennis with Grant as a garbage man. We're too easy to defend.

OttoinGrotto said:
It seems to me like there isn't a whole lot of variety to our offensive sets. I see a lot of the same motions intended to curl Cooney off of a screen at the three point line, curl Thickburger across the baseline, and double pick for Ennis up top. That leaves us playing 3 on 5, because Cooney rarely gets a shot out of those sets and Rak pretty much gets ignored. We need to add some creativity to the playbook to get those guys some looks. We just have put too much scoring burden on CJ and Ennis with Grant as a garbage man. We're too easy to defend.

I want to see cooney be more productive from inside the arc. Settles too much for shots behind the line when he has the strength to get off shots from inside of 15 feet

Great post. What happened to that back door play we ran to perfection earlier this year for Cooney? That was a wrinkle we haven't gone to recently.

I want to see cooney be more productive from inside the arc. Settles too much for shots behind the line when he has the strength to get off shots from inside of 15 feet
Completely agree. He had a good drive in the second half and just booted the lay up. It happens. You can't tell me that he can't get good shots in the arc whenever he wants against BC.

Agreed - he scored 21 points last time against BC and had only 2 3 pointers.

I've said it before. I think the offense is getting good shots, but the last 4 games we just aren't making those shots. The opportunities are there. We're not shooting well.

Completely agree. He had a good drive in the second half and just booted the lay up. It happens. You can't tell me that he can't get good shots in the arc whenever he wants against BC.

I believe he got fouled, unlike Fair, whom just missed those "bunnies" w/out getting fouled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom