We could have had John Harbaugh? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We could have had John Harbaugh?

pretty sure it was out there at the time that mcnabb wanted him interviewed.
i remember mcnabb wanting an eagle coach interviewed, while i dont remember it being harbaugh, i know he wanted someone.

if the shoe fits....

I think McNabb wanted Kevin Rogers. Or was it Mornhinweg? Maybe I'm am not remembering correctly.

To strike a somewhat different tone, it would all have depended on how well he recruited and what staff he put together to that effect. Our talent had slid, but was not terrible. However, the HC at that time had to be a sell sell sell kinda guy, to overcome our facilities issues relative to peers. I am not confident that he would have been outstanding here - potentially too much to overcome, and I don't think there is enough evidence to say how well he would have done at recruiting in the college game ca. 2005.
Yeah, it all sounds interesting, but proving to be a good NFL head coach doesn't necessarily mean he would have had a lot of success as a college coach.

We could have had Charlie strong and 50 other coaches doesn't mean they were ready or would have been successful here
Could any of them done much worse?I certainly would take my chances on them.

:bang: :bat:couchburn :rolling: :( :mad:

I think I am getting a migraine.

i also recall thinking he was nuts.
enjoying himself from soup to nuts pretty much sums up his NFL career.

hey now...

Oh Lord

love these double posts.

damn computers.

its like beyonce blew the server out here too.

Oh Lord

Damn. I am going to start banging my head against the wall for the next hour thinking what might have been.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
:bang::bang:

That makes two of us

There HAD been mention of Harbaugh.

Or, at least, I mentioned him. Might've been the only one, but I don't think so.
If we ever need to hire a new head coach I know who to ask now.

There HAD been mention of Harbaugh.

Or, at least, I mentioned him. Might've been the only one, but I don't think so.

I'm sure you did. On this board alone, conservatively 25 names or more were tossed out. There had to be at least one of them mentioned that would go on to great success.

But TGD had what he felt was a winning formula from USC.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Why hire a search firm when you can merely solicit the advice of a relatively-uninformed board pundit?
Which board were we on then? Maybe I can retrieve it using a wayback program. If I find it we'll comp you 1 month free on our premium board.

What a colossal failure that was (hiring GRob). Not only that, it took us 4 years to figure out that he wasn't right for the job.He should of been fired after two. GRob (and indirectly Dr. Gross) did irreparable damage to the football program.

What a colossal failure that was (hiring GRob). Not only that, it took us 4 years to figure out that he wasn't right for the job.He should of been fired after two. GRob (and indirectly Dr. Gross) did irreparable damage to the football program.

I think we are going to pay the price for a while still.

Which board were we on then? Maybe I can retrieve it using a wayback program. If I find it we'll comp you 1 month free on our premium board.

While I have no earthly idea (hey, I'm OLD), those threads would be a lot of fun to reread.

Wasn't McNabb pushing for Harbaugh?

seems like it was repaired in year 2. so irreparable is a bit dramatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom