We got a depth chart... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We got a depth chart...

Did I miss something? I don't see Lee Kpogba in the depth chart either. I figured with our turnover at LB that him and MJones would both get some run.

We're in a 4-2-5.

Only listed 2 LB positions.

IMO there are some big wows on the depth chart, some really interesting moves and backups and some omissions.

I don’t think we’re used to “too many good players” situations.

(not a knock on your post)

Does any one with d 1 oline experience have a say in cross training the olineman like this. Most coaches and if I’m wrong correct me make u lead with foot closest to c. Now u need to know your assignment or zone nowadays and then when the dline move u need to adjust your assignment. How the heck is it beneficial to keep moving guys around. Their is no continuity. There can’t be. How can I gel with my guard when I play tackle one min then center the next. You really have to be a genius to remember everything.

We don’t have really tall guys
Cam is tall and he may crack the lineup to
Thats why we have to get Cam and Hendrix in the game and get commits from Poitier, Gowdy, and the dude from Ole Canada.

Last year we started two freshman, one true and one RS. One was first team one was third team all Americans. All we need to do is repeat that and we will be okay.
Not on offensive line. Positions matter. OL, LB, QB freshmen rarely start due to the complexity of the positions. Freshmen at RB, DB are possible because they react to just a few cues. They are rare at DL due to playing vs people that are just larger than you are.

Most have said what jumps out to me. But I’ll throw my hat in the ring:

No Cordy. And he will be a sixth year player

Scoop to second string???

Vet starting at left tackle. Actually shocked and excited about this.

No Richards? Really?

Servais staying at Center?

Red starting at Tackle

And where in the world is Curtis Harper? Very surprised that Grosvenor finds himself in there. Very surprised

Most have said what jumps out to me. But I’ll throw my hat in the ring:

No Cordy. And he will be a sixth year player

Scoop to second string???

Vet starting at left tackle. Actually shocked and excited about this.

No Richards? Really?

Servais staying at Center?

Red starting at Tackle

And where in the world is Curtis Harper? Very surprised that Grosvenor finds himself in there. Very surprised

How often does the pre-season chart released in July match up with the Week 1 chart?

Did I miss something? I don't see Lee Kpogba in the depth chart either. I figured with our turnover at LB that him and MJones would both get some run.
Nothing missed, there’s nothing to take from this listing. It’s too early in the summer to take away anything here for LB.

Did you guys see this update? Looks like everyone is GETTING AFTER IT in the weight room.
depth chart.png

Last edited:
Clayton is solid.
I have faith in both he and Culpepper. I don’t necessarily want either to have to play, but feel that they would both be capable if needed. Unlike years of past, I don’t think we are doomed without any one player. Our depth isn’t like Clemson’s, but it is MUCH better than previous years.

Clayton is solid.

Dude's a red shirt senior...has to be one of those "under the radar" guys that's still flying below the detection zone. ;):)

He spent the last month at TE last year, so the staff likely rates Welch ahead of him.

Probably but that may also be because Culpepper could play another position while Welch probably can't. Heck, he even was on the kickoff return team.

A little surprising Taj Harris didn't add any weight. He's still at 175
Yeah some kids just can’t eat enough although I sure hope he got stronger. I thought that was the thing he needed the most.

Yeah some kids just can’t eat enough although I sure hope he got stronger. I thought that was the thing he needed the most.
For lean guys only way to gain weight is to gain muscle but a lot of what cuse and other programs do is about strength. It’s up to the individual to add what’s missing . For example they don’t do much for biceps , calves so u can add a half pound here and there but again it’s hard when your eating good and most supplements to help are banned for ncaa athletes. Tommy at 216 is close enough he eats like a horse but can get to 220 I’m fine where he is . I think the added pounds could benefit a WR more for blocking and getting off . Classes and football take time away from eating as well . NFL guys have more time than college players .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom