We got a non-conference schedule for 2014... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We got a non-conference schedule for 2014...

I'm more ticked off about Cabinda flipping than playing CMU on the road or having a six-game home schedule.

Three VERY winnable games heading into Notre Dame at Met Life. Would the ACC schedule a game for 9/6? Or will that almost assuredly be a bye?

I like the way this schedule is set up a lot - wish it was the schedule for this year's team.

BC played Wake in their first conference game on 9/6 this year.

And FSU and Pitt opened up against each other on Labor Day.
Didn't we open up against WVU in '05? That was an ugly game for both. I think it was the beginning of Pat White and the WVU resurgence and obviously the continuation of our descent into hades.

SOS is appropriate with this schedule.

Leading off with a Villanova is appropriate.

Having 6 home games again sucks.

First CMU game in the deal should have been in the Dome.

Or

ND in NJ shouldn't happen and another BCS team, preferably a top team, should have been a home game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You guys don't be upset about CMU not being a that the dome. In the coming years you will have 2 chances to see this power house team and pack the dome.

Anyone else waiting to see if @ Central Michigan is a typo and find outwe're actually scheduled @ Michigan?

We can schedule enough winnable games OOC to go bowling. Wanting the conference to weaken is foolish. If that made any sense, we should have just gone to the AAC.
I don't want a weak conference, but considering the status of Duke doesn't not affect anyone's perception of the conference and the Atlantic division is already packed with powerhouses, we could stand to lose a couple coaches for the good of SU.

Didn't we open up against WVU in '05? That was an ugly game for both. I think it was the beginning of Pat White and the WVU resurgence and obviously the continuation of our descent into hades.

That's true...Robinson's first game as head coach (remember the optimism back then after that close game?!) and WVU started Adam Bednarik at QB with Pat White sharing time. It was obvious after a few games White was better and after Bednarik got hurt, Pat White never looked back.

That's true...Robinson's first game as head coach (remember the optimism back then after that close game?!) and WVU started Adam Bednarik at QB with Pat White sharing time. It was obvious after a few games White was better and after Bednarik got hurt, Pat White never looked back.

Rob, I still remember that WVU fan girl talking to chit to us the night before that game during the ND-Pitt game at Harry/Frank's place if you remember that and us all dumbly defending GRob.

I don't mind the schedule...it's good to have a 1-AA opponent at the Dome to start the season, gives the players a chance a to get their feet wet. Then a MAC team on the road gives the team some confidence in road games (a road game is a road game no matter who you play). With MD at home and then ND at Metlife...I like the gradual increase in strength of opponents from Nova-ND. It should give them great experience prior to conference action kicking off.

I figured we would be playing away as last OOC game since we could afford to play away next year with the good home slate next year: Villanova, Maryland, Duke, Louisville, NC State, Florida State. If we play a conference game 9/6 id expect it to be at home vs nc state/duke. Hopefully florida state will be in October with Louisville in november .

I figured we would be playing away as last OOC game since we could afford to play away next year with the good home slate next year: Villanova, Maryland, Duke, Louisville, NC State, Florida State. If we play a conference game 9/6 id expect it to be at home vs nc state/duke. Hopefully florida state will be in October with Louisville in november .

Rob, I still remember that WVU fan girl talking to chit to us the night before that game during the ND-Pitt game at Harry/Frank's place if you remember that and us all dumbly defending GRob.

Ahhhh yes how can I forget...my Orange blinder's were in full effect that year. I remember thinking, GRob HAS to get better...we can't be THIS bad. 4 years later...yup we were that bad.

I don't mind the schedule...it's good to have a 1-AA opponent at the Dome to start the season, gives the players a chance a to get their feet wet. Then a MAC team on the road gives the team some confidence in road games (a road game is a road game no matter who you play). With MD at home and then ND at Metlife...I like the gradual increase in strength of opponents from Nova-ND. It should give them great experience prior to conference action kicking off.
I just hope they don't squeeze in an early conference matchup for week 2. I'd rather have the bye.

CMU will visit the Dome on 9/19/2015 and in 2017.

I feel a little bit better now.

Somewhat related, if we do get a bye on 9/6, and if we do get by Maryland at the Dome, I'd like to hope we'll have, by far, our largest Meadowlands presence for that ND game.

I just hope they don't squeeze in an early conference matchup for week 2. I'd rather have the bye.

I agree, I don't mind an early bye. Especially with the 2 bye schedules nowadays.

Looks like Mr. Frazier has been reading this board.

The 2014 schedule is exactly what we wanted in a non-conf schedule (barring location of CMU game.)

In the future I would schedule one of the military academies for the year we are not playing ND.

Each year our Non-Conf schedule should lineup as:

EZ Peezy regional FCS - Villanova fits the definition next year.

Slightly harder non-AQ - CMU fits the bill next year, Tulane did this year.

Rotation of ND, Navy, Army, or AF (would focus on Army and Navy for regional interest)

AQ opponent from B1G, SEC, Big 12, or Pac 12. Big 12 and Pac 12 harder to travel to so B1G and SEC would be best. Maryland next year, but WVU, Rutgers, Penn St, Vandy, or Northwestern would be ideal.

Honestly, I hope the ND game tickets are offered to all SU fans/season ticket holders before being put up for sale. Considering ND fans are locust who will fill that building up I will buy extra ND tickets if they are given to SU season ticket holders and sell them to ND fans at a higher price and help subsidize the SU AD office with ND money I get. That ND Metlife game is suppose to be an SU home game and if SU fans aren't given the first opportunity to purchase them then it will be another ding on Dr. Doctor for selling out the game to Metlife and creating a neutral/road game for a so called home game.

Honestly, I hope the ND game tickets are offered to all SU fans/season ticket holders before being put up for sale. Considering ND fans are locust who will fill that building up I will buy extra ND tickets if they are given to SU season ticket holders and sell them to ND fans at a higher price and help subsidize the SU AD office with ND money I get. That ND Metlife game is suppose to be an SU home game and if SU fans aren't given the first opportunity to purchase them then it will be another ding on Dr. Doctor for selling out the game to Metlife and creating a neutral/road game for a so called home game.
Every game at metlife against ND or PSU is an away game as far as crowd support goes. Doesn't matter how they distribute tickets. ND and PSUfans are like Mexico's National(soccer) team fans, They will find a way in

Every game at metlife against ND or PSU is an away game as far as crowd support goes. Doesn't matter how they distribute tickets. ND and PSUfans are like Mexico's National(soccer) team fans, They will find a way in
I agree their will be more ND fans than SU which makes it even more of a joke because this is suppose to be an SU home game, but if SU fans can't buy all the tickets before they go on sale then Dr. Gross has committed an EPIC failure. I will buy 10 extra tickets and sell them for a higher price and donate that profit to SU before allowing ND fans to get the tickets easy and SU not getting anything. However, I highly doubt the SU AD office has even thought about any of this as they probably sold the game to Metlife and have no say.

Not sure why people are questioning the game at Central Michigan. The days when you can pay a MAC team to come to your place for a one-off game are essentially done. I assume CMU will be visiting SU in 2015 or 2016.

I like that SU is only playing two BCS level teams. I would also have been happy with just one.

I like that SU is opening with an FCS team. The last time SU opened the season in the Dome against a non-BCS conference team (if I am not mistaken) is 1993 vs. Ball State.

There are a few reasons to dump on Herm Frazier, but this is not one of them. This schedule is ok by me.

I would have preferred to play a MAC school closer to an area we recruit (UB, Northern Illinois, Akron, etc.) or a school that would be easier to drive to and attend, but I agree, this isn't a disaster.

It is great to open with an almost sure victory. Finally. IMHO this should be the first objective with each schedule and we have failed to get it done for far too many years in a row.

I am okay with a 1 and 1 with a MAC school. You are right, the days of the 2 for 1s are long gone. (this better be a 1 and 1 series).

A 1 and 1 with Maryland makes a great deal of sense; it is a peer school that plays in an area we recruit and where we have a concentration of alums and fans.

Lastly, I like that for once, we were not among the last schools in BCS conferences to complete our schedule.

So sal-ute Herm Frazier. This (ginger) ale is for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom