We hate Notre Dame - let's unpack that | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We hate Notre Dame - let's unpack that

It was before mine too. It was even more of a farce though. Notre Dame was 2-8 that year and Paul Hornung threw 3 tds to 13 ints. He must've had that thing won before the season even started.
It would be a great gesture in an area this country could use some help in if Hornung gave the trophy to Brown.

They would employ any allies or strategies to attain their goals.
I always suspected that ND press office was behind the move to publicize Gordy Lockbaum at Holy Cross. That split the northeast votes and robbed DM of obvious votes.

Every since unranked ND beat #2 Oklahoma Sooners 7-0 in 1957 to end OUs 47-game winning streak I have hated them.

Does that make me a bad person?

I always suspected that ND press office was behind the move to publicize Gordy Lockbaum at Holy Cross. That split the northeast votes and robbed DM of obvious votes.
Notre Dame and Holy Cross are under the same administrators.

well that is one magic loogie theory.

raw

Not sure if you have any ND grads in your family. The arrogance is real.

Well, sort of.

But I have some Ivy Leaguers and I find it hard to believe that anybody could be as convinced of their own superiority as these people are. Or be more willing to share this with the great unwashed.

I've watched them operate and within the first five minutes of any conversation they some how make it clear twhere they went to college.

Leprechauns are just little person rapists with money.

Just remember Walter Reyes scored 5 rushing touchdowns in one game against Notre Dame, I do beleive that is the high mark for their opponents.

Also, never forget Notre Dame lost to Greg Robinson.

There is also the whole take that scissor lift up in the tornado because I needs my practice video thing that killed that kid and the whole shush shush after.

I had a sweet Notre Dame Starter jacket when I was 12. So that’s something I guess.

Well, sort of.

But I have some Ivy Leaguers and I find it hard to believe that anybody could be as convinced of their own superiority as these people are. Or be more willing to share this with the great unwashed.

I've watched them operate and within the first five minutes of any conversation they some how make it clear twhere they went to college.

Is that the equivalent to the usual suspects here that like to gauge the level of a poster's worthiness based upon their number of (or lack thereof) posts.

Was at the game last year at the Meadowlands. It was downright disgusting having to put up with all of the Notre Dame fans there tailgating before the game. Hope it is better at Yankee Stadium next Saturday. If they do have Game Day there I fear it will be packed with ND fans. Hope we get a good showing!!

Was at the game last year at the Meadowlands. It was downright disgusting having to put up with all of the Notre Dame fans there tailgating before the game. Hope it is better at Yankee Stadium next Saturday. If they do have Game Day there I fear it will be packed with ND fans. Hope we get a good showing!!

8-2 will help our showing. We’re alive again.

When people say Marrone didn't like to recruit, this is what I think of.

The Ishaq Williams and Ebenezer Ogundeko conundrums were often cited by him in private. He refused to coddle 18 year old kids and would not play dirty with these other programs (ND, Clemson, etc).

Lots of shenanigans go on in collegiate football recruiting.

The Ishaq Williams and Ebenezer Ogundeko conundrums were often cited by him in private. He refused to coddle 18 year old kids and would not play dirty with these other programs (ND, Clemson, etc).

I'm sure. That is where your programs starts winning or losing battles. The Ishaq thing was very sad as his parents met at SU. I guess his father thought he was doing good for him.

I am so in for about 4-5 pages if we're going to dig up the rotting corpse that is the IW recruitment.

Mason likes to say that even top 300 kids get paid in b'ball. That mid-majors are in on the act too. Hard to believe that money is only changing hands in that sport.

Georgetown academically is better than ND.
If you have any ND Family you would think their school and traditions are Yale+Harvard+Oxford = ND.
The elitism is off the charts.
The arrogance of them is off the charts.
ND is nothing special. Good school. They have no respect for us. If we never played them again I wouldn’t shed a tear.
When comparing schools it often depends on which program. The Mendoza School of Business is annually amongst the top 5 in the country and has often been ranked #1 FWIW. Both ND and Gtown are equally selective and very difficult to get into. Hard to see much of a difference other than Gtown's athletic programs suck.

What about the one stolen from Jim Brown?

Actually, he finished 5th. if it hadn't gone to Hornung it probably would have gone to Johnny Majors, which I probably would have less of an objection to, (Tennessee was 10-0-0 that year and ranked #2 and he was their star tailback.)

1956 college football season - Wikipedia

Paul Hornung College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Johnny Majors College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Jim Brown College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

I have told this story elsewhere but growing up in an Irish Catholic household my father wanted to go to Notre Dame. Then the game in 1961. He went to SU and never forgave them. The rest is history.

That said I personally loathe the fact the Domers have to make sure you know within the first ten seconds of any conversation that they went to NOTRE DAME. The arrogance drives me crazy...
Yep, there like Andy on the office,substitute ND for Cornell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom