We have a good formula to beat Duke most years | Syracusefan.com

We have a good formula to beat Duke most years

I think next year we’ll be back to having really close, competitive games with the upper teir teams.

Adding baze, Carey, Hughes and boeheim will be just what the basketball dr ordered.

Our defense actually played well enough to win. However, our offense was putrid.

We fell right into the trap that we hope other teams fall into when playing us. Which is just passing the ball around the horn before jacking a 3. We would catch a pass and then stand there until the defense shifted over to guard us. There was no quick movements or decisiveness at all upon receiving the ball. No cuts against the grain or reversing the ball. Just standing. We never used a defender's momentum or their aggression against them. I don't really think it was duke's defense that prevented it, but our guards rarely got going downhill and towards the rim. There were no floaters from 3-4 feet out from Frank that we have become accustomed too lately. Was no Battle drives resulting in a foul and a trip to the charity stripe.

Was like we never played against a zone before.

Our defense actually played well enough to win. However, our offense was putrid.

We fell right into the trap that we hope other teams fall into when playing us. Which is just passing the ball around the horn before jacking a 3. We would catch a pass and then stand there until the defense shifted over to guard us. There was no quick movements or decisiveness at all upon receiving the ball. No cuts against the grain or reversing the ball. Just standing. We never used a defender's momentum or their aggression against them. I don't really think it was duke's defense that prevented it, but our guards rarely got going downhill and towards the rim. There were no floaters from 3-4 feet out from Frank that we have become accustomed too lately. Was no Battle drives resulting in a foul and a trip to the charity stripe.

Was like we never played against a zone before.

Yup. Agreed on all fronts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom