We have won 6 of our last 8 games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We have won 6 of our last 8 games

I don’t want anyone to transfer. Experience matters.

I am just having a general conversation about the varying opinions the fans have. Not everyone is lumped in one group.

Annoying, huh? Prob had your posts for last night/today locked and loaded and now they have to wait for at least another game. Sucks. But hey, chin up!
So basically you are saying he isn’t a fan of the team?

Really, it's too bad both our games against Louisville got cancelled -- because they're headed the opposite direction, and this would have been a great timeframe to play them.

The road game getting cancelled is a bummer but I think winning @Duke will be better for our resume

Right now this season is playing out somewhat like Tyus last year. We need to finish this out and change the narrative. 3 winnable games (on the schedule currently). Get them, lock in a bid and let's look like SU bball should going into the conference tourney for a change.
We go 1-2 or 2-2 and its not moving the needle and might also keep us home.

Alsacs! Another strawman! That’s two in one thread!
You can say strawman that doesn’t make them a strawman.

You said he said he had posts ready to fire away and couldn’t because we won.
That would imply he isn’t a fan of the team if he wanted the team to lose.

That isn’t a strawman it’s an inference from your post.

6-2 against these teams, worst teams in the league. NC ST was without there leading scorer for both games. These teams have a combined record of 38-55.

Attachments

• 4582ACC8-11D7-417C-AB2B-B666642C5B48.jpeg
    4582ACC8-11D7-417C-AB2B-B666642C5B48.jpeg
    907.3 KB · Views: 98
Actually, yes I know people who want the team to lose because they believe that will force Wildhack to make a change. At the same time they also want Buddy to struggle so it will “force” him to transfer. This is nobody specifically on the board, but I do have a coworker who believes this.
I don't think that losing more will "force" Wildhack to do anything. He will have been here for 5 years this summer. During his tenure, I don't think we've been seeded any better than 8th, and we've missed the tourney twice (I can't imagine that any rational and objective person actually believes that we were going to make it last season). It appears that he's pleased with the status quo and trajectory of the program.

I don't think that losing more will "force" Wildhack to do anything. He will have been here for 5 years this summer. During his tenure, I don't think we've been seeded any better than 8th, and we've missed the tourney twice (I can't imagine that any rational and objective person actually believes that we were going to make it last season). It appears that he's pleased with the status quo and trajectory of the program.

Thats a big difference than being under .500.

You can say strawman that doesn’t make them a strawman.

You said he said he had posts ready to fire away and couldn’t because we won.
That would imply he isn’t a fan of the team if he wanted the team to lose.

That isn’t a strawman it’s an inference from your post.
You’re the guy with all the answers, all the time, huh?

6 of 8 is great. Still out of the tournament though. Yesterday's game was exciting, primarily due to the unexpected comeback. Fantastic to see no doubt about it. But the way we pulled it off makes it seem more than it was (a nice win, because they all are, especially when we need them, but against an opponent we were favored against).

Absolutely enormous game tomorrow. Duke is playing pretty well right now. Get this one, and who knows...!

JMO, but getting boatraced by a mediocre opponent is inexcusable

Serious question: do people here actually think that other posters WANT the team to lose games?
To be sure, some want Boeheim to lose.

6 of 8 is great. Still out of the tournament though. Yesterday's game was exciting, primarily due to the unexpected comeback. Fantastic to see no doubt about it. But the way we pulled it off makes it seem more than it was (a nice win, because they are all especially when we need them, but against an opponent we were favored against).

Absolutely enormous game tomorrow. Duke is playing pretty well right now. Get this one, and who knows...!
Agreed. Let's be honest, ND sucks. The second half was awesome, no doubt, but why was it even necessary to have to mount a comeback such as that?

Agreed. Let's be honest, ND sucks. The second half was awesome, no doubt, but why was it even necessary to have to mount a comeback such as that?

It would have been a disappointing loss for sure, but that team had been winning games after a terrible start.

But the way we pulled it off makes it seem more than it was (a nice win, because they all are, especially when we need them, but against an opponent we were favored against).
Agree, and is why I created the ‘false narratives’ thread last night

To be honest, if I had to predict I would guess we lose tomorrow. By no means am I saying that confidently and we do play Duke quite well even when they are very good. Just the way our season has gone, would not be surprised with a loss tomorrow at all. I think 2-2 to finish the season is very reasonable.

That all said... let's WIN. I expect Griffin to go off for 20+.

Seems like the fans get grouchier every game(mostly due to the coaches mouth), but we have won 3 in a row and 6 out of 8. We will be slight underdogs it appears in every game the rest of the way.

If SU makes the tourny all sorts of people will be pointing out the problems and deficiencies of the team. Heaven forbid that they win a game in the tourny. Cries of "smoke and mirrors " and lucky will ring loud. And few will recognize that the team was well coached to overcome those problems. Many will point out how things "should" have been done to get even better results without knowing what is really going on with the team. Nobody does. Now that said, while recognizing the coaching job, I do believe its time for JB to retire. Go watch all the games he wants, maybe even be a tv analyst of some kind. Enjoy the game without the pressure.

If SU makes the tourny all sorts of people will be pointing out the problems and deficiencies of the team. Heaven forbid that they win a game in the tourny. Cries of "smoke and mirrors " and lucky will ring loud. And few will recognize that the team was well coached to overcome those problems. Many will point out how things "should" have been done to get even better results without knowing what is really going on with the team. Nobody does. Now that said, while recognizing the coaching job, I do believe its time for JB to retire. Go watch all the games he wants, maybe even be a tv analyst of some kind. Enjoy the game without the pressure.
Simple question grade Coach Jim Boeheim’s performance this entire season coaching wise.
I want to see what I am dealing with if I am going to give you an answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom