We have won 6 of our last 8 games | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We have won 6 of our last 8 games

Simple question grade Coach Jim Boeheim’s performance this entire season coaching wise.
I want to see what I am dealing with if I am going to give you an answer.
You're not asking me directly, but I'll answer anyway.
C+.
And you?

if you read the threads the grouchy fans appear to be the ones that don’t want to give certain player on our team credit for his game yesterday.

not sure why. I for one am thrilled with yesterday’s win
It's really obnoxious how you have made this team Kadary vs. everyone else. It's sad actually. Childish even. Luckily the kids on the team know that it's a team game. Top to bottom. Be nice if grown men could figure this out.

It's really obnoxious how you have made this team Kadary vs. everyone else. It's sad actually. Childish even. Luckily the kids on the team know that it's a team game. Top to bottom. Be nice if grown men could figure this out.
I have? Go back and read the posts from yesterday, my man.

Folks were giving Kadary credit for a great game and a bunch of grumps were crapping on his first half. It was bizarre. No one said anything about Joe...go back and read the posts

I have? Go back and read the posts from yesterday, my man.

Folks were giving Kadary credit for a great game and a bunch of grumps were crapping on his first half. It was bizarre. No one said anything about Joe...go back and read the posts
Your whole narrative for weeks has been Kadary against the world. But you're right, no one said anything about Joe. See that's where your head is at. I didn't mention Joe at all.

Your whole narrative for weeks has been Kadary against the world. But you're right, no one said anything about Joe.

what do you think of this post?

what do you think of this post?

Not much. You act like it's only a small group that want to see Kadary. And that JB doesn't realize he's good. It's just a lazy, played out narrative, but keep beating that dead horse.

Not much. You act like it's only a small group that want to see Kadary. And that JB doesn't realize he's good. It's just a lazy, played out narrative, but keep beating that dead horse.
Does JB also realize we need more than 1 shooting guard on the roster and actually recruit some other guards for the future?

Or is that a lazy played out narrative as well.

I’m glad we’re winning most of the games we should win.

There is a reason though at hopefully 8-5 in conference after tomorrow night we will still be on the outside looking in.

Does JB also realize we need more than 1 shooting guard on the roster and actually recruit some other guards for the future?

Nah. That's just you plugging your disdain for JB into a random thread, and replying to a message that wasn't even directed at you to do so. But, it does help prove my point on that lazy narrative since you seemed to take it personally, so it obviously hit home.

Nah. That's just you plugging your disdain for JB into a random thread, and replying to a message that wasn't even directed at you to do so. But, it does help prove my point on that lazy narrative since you seemed to take it personally, so it obviously hit home.
So producing a counter to your point which was easily able to be countered makes it appear I take it personally.
Okay.
People can respect and appreciate what JB has done while evaluate the state of the program.
But to you questioning JB means you have a disdain for him when that is just wrong.

Kadary needs to play more. The whole team will benefit if he plays more. The guy who can decide if he plays more is JB.

Do any of the critics here take time to consider what it does to a team's psyche and momentum to have a game cancel the day of the game, and in the case of the last game, when you have flown to the site? It can't be good and I would think it leads to a flat first have in the succeeding game.

The team has beaten exactly one team that is ranked in the Top 25 this season. And that team is vastly overrated comparative to their metrics (36 in KenPom, 36 in NET).

We are slightly above average. We have been slightly above average for 6 years. Syracuse University men's basketball should be much better than slightly above average, IMO. And in the opinion of many others as well.

That is why there are people who are not content. The ND comeback was great. Enjoyable to see Braswell play critical minutes and stick his nose in on a few of the key rebounds we got.

But there's a ceiling. There's a cap. We can't, without shooting an ungodly percentage from 3, beat the Top 10-20 teams in the country. Or even be competitive on a consistent basis. We just can't.

Defensively, we are too slow at the guard position. We are too small at a forward position. We don't have a normal-sized zone center that plays minutes regularly. And we are a horrific rebounding team.

Offensively, when we play together, we can be very good. But we take bad shots way too often and some of the guys who need to be our key guys do not have a sense of what a good shot is, and do not have a time/score setting that's calibrated properly in their basketball minds.

Per KenPom, we rank 32nd in the country offensively and 73rd defensively. Here is how we ranked during our NIT years:

2001-02: O - 114; D - 22; Combined = 136
2006-07: O - 60; D - 32; Combined = 92
2007-08: O - 43; D - 75; Combined = 118
2014-15: O - 117; D - 20; Combined = 137 (Probation - Likely NIT)
2016-17: O - 30; D - 119; Combined = 149
2019-20: O - 21; D - 116; Combined = 137 (COVID - Likely NIT)
2020-21: O - 32; D - 73; Combined = 105

We are a little better than last year, but on KenPom we are actually one spot lower (52nd, finished last year 51st). We are slightly better than the Donte Greene year. We are slightly worse than the big snub from 2006-07.

No matter how you slice it, this team isn't a good one. It is slightly above average. And that shouldn't be good enough.

Last edited:

The issue isn’t recruiting, it’s signing. They are recruiting a lot of players , at all positions. There is lots of speculation why we aren’t landing them.

The issue isn’t recruiting, it’s signing. They are recruiting a lot of players , at all positions. There is lots of speculation why we aren’t landing them.
What shooting guards did we recruit in 2021?
Do you actually know about 2022 recruiting? I am not going to say anymore.

If the kids we are signing aren't good enough, it s a recruiting issue.

What shooting guards did we recruit in 2021?
Do you actually know about 2022 recruiting? I am not going to say anymore.
Why can't you give the HC a grade like you've insisted others to do?

When my question is answered I will answer.
You aren’t whom I asked.
lol come on.
If you pose that question you can certainly just quick answer it, too. I'm genuinely curious what your answer is (and I'm guessing it's pretty close to my answer)

Simple question grade Coach Jim Boeheim’s performance this entire season coaching wise.
I want to see what I am dealing with if I am going to give you an answer.
I can understand your point of view but I have to wonder if there are things going on that we don't know about. Like is Woody really in the dog house or has something physical happened that is limiting his ability to play. Everybody wants Kadary to play more but coach did mention he has to build up is stamina, and people blow that off. Or BB still having pain. So is the team playing better now because physical things have changed and this coach can get more things done. Don't know.

Sad rec.
Some fans just live for crapping on the program, coach, and players.
They're only happy when they're miserable.

I'll never understand it.

The biggest issue, IMHO, the team has faced along with everyone else? Covid and then the lack of practice for seven days two weeks. Dec. 19 to Jan. 2 PP - ND, WF, NC – Jan. 31 to Feb. 6 and Feb. 13 to Feb. 20 – coming off the first quarantine period L , second L, third beat ND.

You can't lay off for that long, expect to get better and have a great record. You just try to catch up, get in playing shape, shoot the ball from various positions many times a practice to try to win.

And when you lose the MAD people will use this as an excuse to get rid of JB.

Have you ever really listened to a Boeheim presser after games this year. Honest assessment. He knows what's happening to his team and why mistakes are made. He's invaluable to this program and has been for 45 years. 1,039 wins and people want him gone.

Like 721 Comstock I'll never understand them either or try to. They aren't worth the pennies they're pitching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom