We NEED to lose | Syracusefan.com

We NEED to lose

PoppyHart

All American
I think it goes without saying that it's best to peak in March. The way the team is playing, it's hard to see them being at their best without taking a step or two back, and then a few steps forward. We need a wake up call. Otherwise we're treading water and hoping we can stay afloat long enough.

Seriously... ? We need to continue to get better. Right now we are getting teams playing us like we have already lost. A loss only helps those teams battling for positioning in conference and for one seeds to close the gap. If we dont come out of this swoon with better play it doesnt matter. I think we will.

The season is a long march, and every team has nights when fatigue, or boredom, or lack of focus takes over. Witness Arizona last night. We have had a few of these games, but we haven't figured out how to lose yet. We don't need a loss; we need a rest. The tournament will give us our focus.

Poppy is definitely right. It's been a long time coming.

I'm pretty sure that we've needed to lose since we trailed at the half vs. Cornell on 11/8/13...

Ha. Yea sure we do. I hate that argument

I'm not suggesting throwing a game. But a loss or two could really light a fire under our ass. Kinda like last year. You don't think regrouping helped Louisville in recent years?

PoppyHart said:
I'm not suggesting throwing a game. But a loss or two could really light a fire under our ass. Kinda like last year. You don't think regrouping helped Louisville in recent years?

Light a fire? We are freaking undefeated.

Whether we need to or not, we will lose a game in the near future. And then we'll see how the team responds.

My high school has a motto: Succisa Virescit

Translation: Cut it down, it grows back stronger

I think we need to turn it up a notch or two if we're gonna win the games that ultimately count in March. I think complacency is seeping in.

I think it goes without saying that it's best to peak in March. The way the team is playing, it's hard to see them being at their best without taking a step or two back, and then a few steps forward. We need a wake up call. Otherwise we're treading water and hoping we can stay afloat long enough.

Bite your freaking lip.* The team has learned as much from several razor thin wins as they would have from any loss somewhere in the process. If it happens, it happens, but to say we "need a loss" is just platitudinal rhetoric.

*nothing personal, of course, just a reaction

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom