We really need Frank back | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We really need Frank back

Well, the statistics don't lie so I am not going to argue with them.

But, there are turnovers and there are turnovers.

But I have this impression based on watching all these games that when Frank does turn it over it's frequently foolishly. I guess what sticks in my mind are a number of nonchalant, lazy passes across to Tyus (usually) that were easily picked off and turned into dunks and weren't just changes in possession as with most turnovers. (Which is bad enough)

I think Frank is a good player. I like the kid. I'll be glad to see him back, especially now that I have seen a little of the alternatives.

With this long lay-off, we'll see whether his TO's are closer to 4.5 than they are to 2.0 per game. Or whether he can stay at the same level of concentration and care that he was able to get to at the end of last season.

That one game sure sticks in your mind.

Imagine a Willis Reed scenario for Frank. Frank sinks a few shots during warm-up and the crowd goes wild. He plays the whole game and scores a couple of buckets at the beginning but nothing more. However, he locks down on defense and provides a psychological lift propelling the team to victory. How many people remember when a hobbled Willis shut down Wilt in the championship series?

Um, Sherm had some decent production as a Frosh.
In 27 games played, he averaged 5.4 pts, 2.1 dimes, 1.6 boards.
JB moved Pearl to SG to play both at times.

IF Sherm didn't have all-timer Pearl blocking his path to serious minutes as a Frosh, he'd probably still have the NCAA assist record, and also quite possibly be our all-time leading scorer.
Agreed. Sherm was getting minutes here and there in Big East play. I remember watching Sherm play on TV as a freshman against Seton Hall (a road game) and being surprised at how well he was playing and thinking this kid is gonna be good for us thenext year. But didn’t envision he’d lead us to a Final Four as a sophomore!

And I'm sure you will be nowhere to be found when he goes off and scores 24, grabs 6 boards, 4 steals, 9 assists and one questionable TO.

Pump the brakes a bit with that stat line, lol. That’s pretty amazing and highly unlikely for many players.

Completely not the point, but thanks for jumping in with your low key Frankie bash.

Hardly any bash. In fact, I haven’t bashed him all thread. If suggesting that he would probably struggle some with the Morehead guards (Captain Obvious talk) is called a bash, then wow...no words.

#FrankieSaysRelax.jpg

My post was about townie not showing up unless JB needs defending or Frankie needs bashing. There was absolutely no need for you to jump in to my obviously exaggerated hypothetical.

It’s a Pavlovian response re: Frank material. A flaw, probably. Regardless, not a bash. And a goodnight to you, sir.

It’s a Pavlovian response re: Frank material. A flaw, probably. Regardless, not a bash. And a goodnight to you, sir.
I really just wanted to use the phrase "low-key."

And I'm sure you will be nowhere to be found when he goes off and scores 24, grabs 6 boards, 4 steals, 9 assists and one questionable TO.

I'll be right here. I never back down from a challenge, ever.

Besides, I'm not saying that he's not a good player and a very valuable piece of the puzzle.

I am saying that SU fans might want to temper their enthusiasm a little bit. If it all depends on Frank, who can be turnover prone and make bizarre decisions, then this may be a bumpier ride than some imagine. That, plus the fact, he's many weeks behind in terms of phyiscal conditioning and the reflexes gained from game-level action.

I hope he's the 2018 Tourney Frank. But, we will see.

My post was about townie not showing up unless JB needs defending or Frankie needs bashing. There was absolutely no need for you to jump in to my obviously exaggerated hypothetical.

That's Bullsxt!

I haven't written negative words about Frank ever.

But I do get after guys like CuseinVT who try to puff themselves up by criticizing JB.

That's Bullsxt!

I haven't written negative words about Frank ever.

But I do get after guys like CuseinVT who try to puff themselves up by criticizing JB.
You've written negative words about Frankie in this very thread. You drunk already?

And I'll say this again. The number one fan of Frank is James A. Boeheim. Questioning the usage of Frank is akin to questioning the 'old man', which I know you don't support...

Hardly any bash. In fact, I haven’t bashed him all thread. If suggesting that he would probably struggle some with the Morehead guards (Captain Obvious talk) is called a bash, then wow...no words.

CuseinVT is hallucinating, imagining or hoping for Frank bashing when there is none.

I guess this is part of his effort to present himself as positive to offset all his whining about JB being mean to the Press.

You've written negative words about Frankie in this very thread. You drunk already?

And I'll say this again. The number one fan of Frank is James A. Boeheim. Questioning the usage of Frank is akin to questioning the 'old man', which I know you don't support...

I'll try and go slow for you.

Frank is a good player. But, in the past he has had "handle" problems and turnover problems.

And he's been out of practice and game action for an extended period.

Given that, what should the SU fan's expectations be?

That's my point. But, you seem not to be able to grasp that. Instead, that's Frank-bashing?
And then some how twisting this to look like an attack on JB because It's JB that's putting him in the games.

It's all terribly transparent. Go argue with someone dumber.

Student press
CuseinVT is hallucinating, imagining or hoping for Frank bashing when there is none.

I guess this is part of his effort to present himself as positive to offset all his whining about JB being mean to the Press.

Student press

What is there about "Big Time College Athletics" and "the value to the University in the millions of dollars" that you don't understand?

What is it about the difference between a classroom exercise and the real thing that escapes you?

Were you traumatized by adult criticism as a youth?

Maybe I missed this in the thread earlier, if so I apologize in advance. Is there a chance Frank plays tomorrow or Friday? If he doesn't what are the odds Carey starts at PG?

Earlier in this very thread you talked about the Yukon game last year which was his worst game of the year and we won. How many comments have you made in threads going back to a victory in last years non-conference schedule? It's fine if you think Frank makes questionable decisions with the ball, isn't the best ball handler for a PG and so on and so forth. To act like you are not one of the people that will criticize Frank when he stumbles though is quite comical.

What is there about "Big Time College Athletics" and "the value to the University in the millions of dollars" that you don't understand?

What is it about the difference between a classroom exercise and the real thing that escapes you?

Were you traumatized by adult criticism as a youth?
One thing I don't understand is how Syracuse basketball actually makes all the money and the football program loses money. That is probably my favorite hot take you have ever had. Could you explain that one more time. I need a good laugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom