We Remember... | Syracusefan.com

We Remember...

mantonio

Starter
We remember back in 2007 when we were assured of a bid in the NCAA'S.

Even the KING of the brackets, Joe Lunardi had us in good graces, & he was never wrong about who was in or out. We had a 10-6 record in the Big East & more than 20 wins overall. NO team had ever been shut out of the NCAA Tourney with that resume.

I remember, as I was visiting my family in NY during that time, there was a comfortable feeling that they had finally made it, & I even wished luck to Daryl Watkins & Terrance Roberts at the Carousel Movie Theater that weekend.

Then... That SICK feeling rotting my insides out, when I watched every bracket in the selection show, & NO SYRACUSE to be found... I also recall Jim Boeheim appeared to be a shell of a man in the press conference. You could feel his utter disappointment in the whole process, because he knew there was something filthy dirty that kept Syracuse out of the Big Dance...

Come to find out, we learned the committee had no Big East representative, & somehow, the SEC reps found a way to let Arkansas, with a much worse overall record & in a much weaker conference, steal Syracuse's rightful position.

THIS is why we still don't trust the selection committee to make the correct decisions...

I fully expect Syracuse to be a #1 seed placed in the East, as they deserve. However, I am feeling that in some way, the committee will stick a knife in our back by making it the very toughest region to get to the Final Four.

There is always SOMETHING...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom