We should be a 3 seed | Syracusefan.com

We should be a 3 seed

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Overall body of work. 2-5 doesn't matter. 27-5 14-4 is all that matters. No way our resume is a 4 seed.

The way we are playing right now we should be a 1 seed - in the NIT.

Now that "Last 10" is no longer part of the process, I think you might be right.

As long as they include the injuries to Grant and Keita we should be ok.

Villanova, Baylor, Cal, Minnesota, St.Johns, Duke, UNC, FSU, Pitt x2, Clemson should be a good enough resume for a 3.

It's funny that Wisky is now being talked up as a #1 seed with a similar/worse resume. Their NW loss is every bit as bad as our BC loss, Ga Tech loss = Indiana loss, NC State >/= Nebraska, split w/ Michigan = split w. Duke, etc.

A team's play leading up to the tourney must be taken into account (along with overall resume obviously). We have absolutely no room to complain if we are a 4 seed.

A team's play leading up to the tourney must be taken into account (along with overall resume obviously). We have absolutely no room to complain if we are a 4 seed.
It's not supposed to though...but I have no doubt it will. I'm fully preparing myself to see us on the 4 line being shipped off to some Midwest/Western bracket.

Only team I want to avoid is Florida , then have the chips fall as they may.

Isn't one of the Selection Committee's talking points that "last 10 games" is not a factor in bids and seeding?

Dude why even root for this team.

Your negativity oozes out of you. Its awful.
It's knee jerk reaction...not much different from many on the board, at least during the heat of battle. Hard not to think this way lately sometimes, I'll admit. But perspective is good. Now onto the real tournament. Nothing else matters anymore.

As someone posted in another thread, we'll see if the committee actually adheres to the rules/criteria they are supposed to adhere to.

As someone posted in another thread, we'll see if the committee actually adheres to the rules/criteria they are supposed to adhere to.

I think we all know the answer to that one...

Isn't one of the Selection Committee's talking points that "last 10 games" is not a factor in bids and seeding?

They say that but Syracuse this season is the poster child for why the last ten games should be taken into consideration.

No it must not. It is not supposed to.

Now when the commitee members go through the seeding process (basically a bunch of computer runs where individuals rank teams/resumes from a group- top 4 are selected, then process is repeated) some individuals may do what they are not supposed to do, but I suspect most will do it correctly because the notion of entire season has been pounded into their head over and over.

No it must not. It is not supposed to.

Now when the commitee members go through the seeding process (basically a bunch of computer runs where individuals rank teams/resumes from a group- top 4 are selected, then process is repeated) some individuals may do what they are not supposed to do, but I suspect most will do it correctly because the notion of entire season has been pounded into their head over and over.

I guess we'll see tomorrow whether the Committee adheres to their stated criteria. I have my doubts.

There are alot of things that can still happen that will dictate our seed.

We can possibly be ahead of:
Virginia if they lose to Pitt
Iowa St if they lose to Baylor
Michigan if they lose to Ohio St
Creighton if they lose to Providence

Then the teams pushing from the rear. Do they win and jump us?
Louisville - UConn
San Diego St - New Mexico
Michigan St - Wisconnsin.

We don't need all these things to happen to be able to salvage a 3. Maybe just a couple.

100% agree with this. Syracuse absolutely should be a three but they will put them as a four out west or in the Midwest... I have always not cared so much about losing in conference tourneys even tho I think the committee takes away too much from them. But losing to NC State is painful. They suck. God they suck. Syracuse was absolutely putrid and Almost came away with a win

It's funny that Wisky is now being talked up as a #1 seed with a similar/worse resume. Their NW loss is every bit as bad as our BC loss, Ga Tech loss = Indiana loss, NC State >/= Nebraska, split w/ Michigan = split w. Duke, etc.

They're one of the few teams whose work away from home is better than ours though - about the same quantity of good W's just vs better teams. Same for Michigan to a lesser extent.
It's much harder to see the case for Duke/Nova/Kansas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom