We the fans have had a terrible year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We the fans have had a terrible year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hochul is an SU alum still
Exactly. I hate booing one of our own even if I disagree with them at all. This has zero to do with politics, but not surprised people had to go there because 2024.

Today was not about the government, if you did not understand that Iyou need serious help with anger management, and likely a lesson in grace.
It’s too bad the administration didn’t realize that when they injected politics into it.

It’s too bad the administration didn’t realize that when they injected politics into it.
They had representatives from both parties. This wasn’t hard. I never even intended to make this a politics discussion. Man the world sucks these days. Just move on. It’s Jim Boeheims day, not anyone else’s.

I can’t disagree with that, but that is also just where we are at in 2024. Freedom of speech and expression for all. If SU didn’t want booing they shouldn’t have brought politicians into a ceremony that had nothing to do with them
They were declaring today Jim Boeheim Day and giving him plaques, etc. It was meaningful.

Instead of presentations from Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh and Onondaga County Exec Ryan McMahon, you would have preferred more video tributes from Danny Hurley, Jamie Dixon, Mike Brey, Patrick Ewing, etc...

We'll just cancel Fran Brown Day in 2054.

The fans also booed Coach K, Pitino and maybe one more. But they applauded after they spoke. People seem to be reflexive boo-ers. Booing someone because they’re not in your Party while they are giving a heartfelt tribute and declaring today Jim Boeheim Day for the entire state just seems classless.
Well firing people for not getting a shot among many other actions out of her office also were classless

Instead of presentations from Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh and Onondaga County Exec Ryan McMahon, you would have preferred more video tributes from Danny Hurley, Jamie Dixon, Mike Brey, Patrick Ewing, etc...

I don’t think anyone had an issue with city of Syracuse and Onondaga county which are much closer to home in terms of boeheim. They also just went up and handed him something / took a pic, they didn’t speak on the Jumbotron to everyone

I don’t think anyone had an issue with city of Syracuse and Onondaga county which are much closer to home in terms of boeheim. They also just went up and handed him something / took a pic, they didn’t speak on the Jumbotron to everyone
They were also present, while she wasn’t.

In hindsight the politician stuff should have been reserved for the banquet portion of the day.

I think it’s dumb. The person is a Syracuse graduate. I think society on the whole is small minded. Politics make people’s brains bleed when having any discussuion about anything these days.

I think it’s because many people on all sides are programmed to react rather than have the discussion and enjoy the discussion with people that don’t agree with them. Perhaps your frustration is that we don’t usually get a good discussion. It’s more of a reaction followed by a reaction with neither party listening.

I purposely try to get people to think critically. I also try to make sure that I am willing to examine new information and adjust my opinions accordingly. I’m not perfect at it, and sometimes I fall into old traps that I’ve tried to train myself out of. It’s a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom