Wednesday night can't come soon enough | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday night can't come soon enough

The hypocrisy between both fanbases is pretty hilarious. That's all I'm going to say on that.

I liked the mention that we are real close to an APR banning. Not true at all.

I liked the mention that we are real close to an APR banning. Not true at all.
that 'upstater' twit is the king of the morons over there- his jealousy of our program is so transparent it's comical

With nothing to root for in their season, the level of SU bitterness and hate on their board has gotten to near rutgers levels. I used to think the Boneyarders were at least semi-resonable, but it sure has gone down hill. Course, they probably say the same about here.

One of them should come here and explain how we got a pass for our recruiting violations if we were banned from postseason play for a year.

They should thank us...that ban plus the resulting hit to our recruiting allowed that program to be what it became.

One of them should come here and explain how we got a pass for our recruiting violations if we were banned from postseason play for a year.

They should thank us...that ban plus the resulting hit to our recruiting allowed that program to be what it became.

EDIT: "that ban plus the resulting hit to our recruiting allowed that program to be what it WAS".

Some of their fans are so clueless. I don't usually bash other fanbases, but they honestly just can't admit SU has a good program. I can admit Uconn has had a successful program, they have three championships. For some reason they laugh when SU is mentioned in the same breath as them. Not sure why? Have they not seen the history associated with our program?

One guy actually made a comment like "outside of 2003 SU has only been to one final four in the last 30 years and that was 1989". Think about that statement.

Where is Marsh when you need him!?

I used to never think I had problems with them, thought they were reasonable, but now I just can't stand any of them!!!

I am ashamed to say I rooted for them in the natl title game!!! I just feel sick to my stomach when I think back to that.

Which one? ;)
I think it's cute how you guys gush over scrubs like Giffey, Olander and Evans—guys who have no business playing in the Big East really—as if they're potential lottery picks or something. Comedic gold over there at the cesspoolyard!

Where is Marsh when you need him!?

I used to never think I had problems with them, thought they were reasonable, but now I just can't stand any of them!!!

I am ashamed to say I rooted for them in the natl title game!!! I just feel sick to my stomach when I think back to that.
Please, never start a chain reaction again.

I know a lot of the long-timers on the Boneyard (not so much the new people). There are some really good folks (and good college hoops fans) on that board -- some of whom used to come here regularly ... such as zls and AlexD. As someone who reads both boards, I think the current degraded relationship between the two fanbases is as much our fault as it is theirs.

The best thing we can do to shut those dolts up is beat their ing asses for the fourth consecutive time this Wednesday, punctuating the different trajectories that our two respective programs are on.

Truly, they are the most obnoxious fanbase we have the misfortune of interacting with. Anybody who's been to the BET understands that.

I know a lot of the long-timers on the Boneyard (not so much the new people). There are some really good folks (and good college hoops fans) on that board -- some of whom used to come here regularly ... such as zls and AlexD. As someone who reads both boards, I think the current degraded relationship between the two fanbases is as much our fault as it is theirs.
There's delusional fans on both sides. I've found taht UConn fans I've talked to in person are usually pretty ok (granted these are mostly people I know, not random UConn fans), but some posters on that board are hysterical...

you know cto, I have a few UCONN friends here in ATL and there is NO animosity between us...just rivalries...but, the vitriol I've seen on the BY, just makes me sick...having said that...I will truce...until wee pummel them Wednesday.;)

Here is how I see it...The future, at least as it sits right now is pretty bleak for them. Look at the TV deal the Big East is staring at, they have nothing to play for but pride this season, etc. Meanwhile, they see us in the top 10, getting the first lifeboat out of the Big East, legit national title contenders, etc. So what do they do? They talk smack about the past and how great their glory years were. They make posts about how they are the best Big East team of all time and no one else is close, they pretend Kevin Ollie is the best coach in America and then the rest of them all smile and nod. Hard to blame them, really. What else are they gonna talk about? How screwed they are?

. They are completely irrelevant. I think they need to start another thread on their board of how they are "the best BE program ever" or "we carried the conference forever". I have never seen a more insecure fan base in college basketball history. 98% of their posters are douchebags.

I'd root to get the clap before I ever root for that POS program.

Wednesday is going to be Christmas morning in my house.

One of my best friends is a UConn basketball fan albeit he is a SU Football fan and he supports the hell out of SU basketball too, Uconn basketball comes first. Me and him get along fine, no animosity between us at all, some good nature ribbing.

But let me say this, the SU v UConn is not a rivarly anymore...I think it is just pure hate between both fan bases.

UConn fans are the most obnoxious fans to talk to in the BE I seem to realize.

LOL at tis line --

Only in Syracuse can a thief and a cheater all have a chance to be Big East and still playing!! pitiful......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom