Wednesday night can't come soon enough | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday night can't come soon enough

There entire sports program will soon be back to the equivelent of their Yankee Conference roots. It will kind of go along with their small town image in Storrs.

One of them should come here and explain how we got a pass for our recruiting violations if we were banned from postseason play for a year.

They should thank us...that ban plus the resulting hit to our recruiting allowed that program to be what it became.

Seriously?

What allowed that program to become what it became was hiring Jim Calhoun and keeping him for the next 25 years.

SU lost out on Donyel Marshall and that was a big get for Calhoun, but don't forget, he had already been to the elite 8 and a Laetner buzz beater from getting to the FF.

Seriously?

What allowed that program to become what it became was hiring Jim Calhoun and keeping him for the next 25 years.

SU lost out on Donyel Marshall and that was a big get for Calhoun, but don't forget, he had already been to the elite 8 and a Laetner buzz beater from getting to the FF.

Which Sandusky are you? Hey, Jerry they give YOU access to a computer in jail?

In big east regular season games uconn is 40 games behind us. 40!

But according to them all that matters is 3-1

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think any UCONN fan would deny that SU was better for the whole time of the BE.

I won't even argue that SU vs. Georgetown was the best rivalry. You can make a case for it because both programs were at their peek at the same time.

But, UCONN has more BE championships than SU, 8-5.
Same number of FF's - 4 each
UCONN has more Elite 8's, 9-5
SU has more NCAA tourney's during the BE period - 33 to 30

So, you can make a case that we've been pretty even. SU ahead in total wins and UCONN ahead with more elite teams.

I hope we get the A crew: McDonough, Raf and Bilas.

I don't think any UCONN fan would deny that SU was better for the whole time of the BE.

I won't even argue that SU vs. Georgetown was the best rivalry. You can make a case for it because both programs were at their peek at the same time.

So, you can make a case that we've been pretty even. SU ahead in total wins and UCONN ahead with more elite teams.

I can admit Uconn has had success. For some reason so many Uconn fans laugh and claim SU shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Uconn. They think basketball started in 1998.

Objectively, advantage UConn on balance for the last 20 years.

You left off three UConn NC's to our one. And ultimately, that is what it is all about.

I can admit Uconn has had success. For some reason so many Uconn fans laugh and claim SU shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Uconn. They think basketball started in 1998.

I don't laugh when SU fans say that. I laugh when PC fans say that, however.

From the UCONN board. " In a year where we're ineligible for the tournament, this is our National Championship."

From the UCONN board. " In a year where we're ineligible for the tournament, this is our National Championship."

This is exactly why Syracuse actually does need to play well. Again, I am hopin for 92-50.

I respect what Calhoun did. That level of success cannot be denied. I just want them to realize how F#@%ed they are after this season. So much so they stop caring themselves and take up taking long walks off short piers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom