Week 0 FBS Games for Aug 26 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Week 0 FBS Games for Aug 26

Those announcers, Garrett and Collinsworth, are the voice of Notre Dame football for NBC.

Collinsworth was home sick. Noah Eagle replaced him and was excellent.

Sam Hartman, the ex-Wake Forest QB who is now at Notre Dame, threw four TD passes against Navy today in a 42-3 Fighting Irish win. He was interviewed after the game and showed a shillelagh he'd been given for being MVP. He said he got it from the "King of Dublin".

Dublin - Wikipedia

I'm guessing he got it from the Lord Mayor.

hearing that story about how Navy bailed out ND during WWII makes me want to go back in time and fix history...and let them fall apart.

I found it hard to believe that with all the success ND had before WWII and being a Catholic school, that they needed to be bailed out by Navy.

Here's some background on the situation:

It's not that Navy agreed to play them in football. It's that Admiral Nimitz accepted an offer to use the campus as a training facility for the Navy because most Notre Dame students were away fighting the war.

Last edited:
Collinsworth was home sick. Noah Eagle replaced him and was excellent.
Seriously? How longs the assignment? A week, two tops, all expenses paid business trip to Ireland, and he is home sick?

The Pac-12 is a dying entity. Why not make a 12-month Pac 12 Network agreement with DirecTv for whatever chump change you can get?

SDSU tried to blow it but they hung on, looks like a typical team for them, great D, shaky O, hang on for dear life

And of course congrats to CousCuse! U Mass: The New Georgia!!
They knocked out the Ohio QB in first quarter. I think Ohio beats em easy had they had their qb

I could be very wrong, just saying what I'm thinking. I also feel like "not putting things on tape" is a message board trope that doesn't reflect reality - it's not like you're running a completely different passing scheme week over week. There's no time for that.
Not a different scheme, just routine plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom