Week 1 ACC/FBS Games for Aug 31 - Sept 4 | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Week 1 ACC/FBS Games for Aug 31 - Sept 4

If Clemson has 2 losses we’re getting noon’d for certain right? Not to mention all the help the refs will give them to prevent 1-3?

I couldn't watch...thanks Spectrum. Did Duke look that good or was it Clemson having an inept offense and not Clemsonlike defense?

I couldn't watch...thanks Spectrum. Did Duke look that good or was it Clemson having an inept offense and not Clemsonlike defense?
Clemson had seven points on four red zone trips. Post-game win expectancy will say that Clemson should have won, I bet. Riley definitely isn't in total control of the offense.

Really weird game but Clemson is certainly a tier or three below Florida St.

Duke is pretty good, this outcome doesn’t surprise me. The overreactions from this will be great to see though.

Notre Dame has a road game?
Notre Dame who plays 6 games in the ACC who demand their independence then plays the likes of Tennessee State for non conference games how exciting for their fans

We are going to be playing an injured tiger. That can be scary when a team has nothing else to lose, but either way based on what we saw…. Everyone has to be feeling pretty good for our game vs the tigers. Biggest thing with this game is if Clemson doesn’t turn the ball over and has no blocked FGs this is a different game. But the thing is bad teams make those mistakes, so let’s see if they keep doing that or if it was a fluke. Either way they weren’t the scary Clemson of past.

I wouldn’t be too quick to write off Clemson. Coach P always said you need 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing to consistently win games. Clemson had that last night. They lost because of turnovers and missed field goals. They can both be corrected. Clemson has always been good when they have superior quarterback play. They haven’t had that the past two years. It might come back to bite them again this year. I would be careful not to bury Clemson quite yet. Don’t be too quick to crown FSU. Their quarterback gets hurt and they are done.

Clemson had more rushing yards, more passing yards, more first downs, way fewer penalties, better on third down, held the ball for seven more minutes… and lost by three TDs.

So you would assume there was a big turnover differential to account for this but they only had one more turnover than Duke (3-2).

Very confusing box score related to final score.

You know who has to be feeling good this morning is DJ leading Top 15 Oregon State.

I wouldn’t be too quick to write off Clemson. Coach P always said you need 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing to consistently win games. Clemson had that last night. They lost because of turnovers and missed field goals. They can both be corrected. Clemson has always been good when they have superior quarterback play. They haven’t had that the past two years. It might come back to bite them again this year. I would be careful not to bury Clemson quite yet. Don’t be too quick to crown FSU. Their quarterback gets hurt and they are done.
Unless Klubnik improves massively I just can’t see how they beat FSU. Throwing the ball 43 times and only having 209 yards to show for it is awful. And the thing that makes me think it wasn’t just a “bad game” for Klubnik, from the jump they really weren’t letting him make reads, the throw was built in. Short smoke screens, roll outs to one side with only 2 receivers on that side, and the one that stuck out the most to me was the deep shot they took, clearly a designed deep shot off of play action, the receiver was straight double teamed and Klubnik still threw it up.

Ok so how has Duke improved so quickly under new coach and it’s taken dino like 47 years and 3 different shifts of coaches ?
Needing many years to rebuild is the worst excuse ever. Tied with who are we going to get better than Dino.

Last edited:
So after watching these games how can anyone expect less then 7-5?

How is it a terrible ruling? By logic the QB downed himself and contact occurred after the fact. It’s a bang bang play but it happened in the dead ball period after a 4th down was completed. Therefore it was Duke ball at point of impact.
Because it essentially rewards the defense. They get a free and dangerous QB shot with only the only “penalty” being a 15 yard backup, one that doesn’t even force them to start with a 1st and 25. If the goal is protect the QB and punish the player then the penalty should be applied as if it occurred during the play, otherwise there’s essentially zero consequence.

Yeah, still have the OL and DL to be a problem for every team on their schedule sans FSU.

I dont think Duke whipped them.. The first half Duke deseved the lead. the 2nd half clemson made its own mistakes and probably should have been up 1-2 scores until it went bad
I agree - i think everyone is throwing dirt a little early on Clemson. We beat a bad Patriot League at home, they lost to a good Duke team on the road. Reverse roles and the results are the same. I do think they are down. I do think we may be better at WR, but they still have better people A-z.

He won 10 games in year three. Duke wasn’t a complete dumpster fire.

And he did this very thing in his second year
2 years pre Dino 7 total wins 1-7, 2-6 in ACC. 2 years prior to Elko 5 wins 1-9,0-8 in ACC. May not have been a dumpster fire but was not in significantly better shape than SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom