Week 12 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for Duke | Syracusefan.com

Week 12 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for Duke

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
DepthDuke19.png

Riley should not be starting at this point in the season
This is the fatal flaw of this staff. Unproductive guys or guys who make the same mistakes over and over and over again continue to play for no apparent reason other than they have been playing and then the following year they cry that they don't have any experience at certain position groups and we will have to see who emerges blah blah blah.

Counter point -- why? Because he's a senior?

That ain't cutting it anymore.

What’s his back up done? Why isn’t he targeted as much as last year? Did he forget the routes? Where are those short slants over the middle we hit last year? You think it might be other factors why his production has dropped off since last year?

What’s his back up done? Why isn’t he targeted as much as last year? Did he forget the routes? Where are those short slants over the middle we hit last year? You think it might be other factors why his production has dropped off since last year?
Yep I know why. Our oc don’t call them plays much and when we do Td don’t see them. Too me they were perfect hot reads.

I watched at least 2 plays last game where he just fell to the ground 1-2 yards short of a first before a guy even touched him cause they were in the vicinity. If he doesn’t want to fight to win out someone else out there who will.

I watched at least 2 plays last game where he just fell to the ground 1-2 yards short of a first before a guy even touched him cause they were in the vicinity. If he doesn’t want to fight to win out someone else out there who will.

oh, that’s why his production fell off? And btw, you’ll have to show me plays where he just purposely falls down short of the first down.

Counter point -- why? Because he's a senior?

That ain't cutting it anymore.
Quite honestly, I can't watch the kid anymore. The east- west running instead of north- south. The fact that he gets knocked over by a stiff wind and can't block. The drops. The special teams game of fair catch when he shouldn't and not fair catch when he should. At almost any other program, he would have had his playing time reduced long ago. This is why next year you will have receivers playing with little or no experience when they should have been playing all year long. Same goes for Nykeim Johnson. Start producing or sit.

Quite honestly, I can't watch the kid anymore. The east- west running instead of north- south. The fact that he gets knocked over by a stiff wind and can't block. The drops. The special teams game of fair catch when he shouldn't and not fair catch when he should. At almost any other program, he would have had his playing time reduced long ago. This is why next year you will have receivers playing with little or no experience when they should have been playing all year long. Same goes for Nykeim Johnson. Start producing or sit.

he had a very good year last year...

Wow...you really don't know anything about football do you?

Why do you think an entire position group being inside receivers might not be matching the production of the prior year...it might not have anything to do with the players themselves.

Just think for a minute before you post.

none of that is true unless you’re cherry picking a single play. Let me ask you this. Tell me a WR that has shown more this year than last year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom