Week 12 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 12 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for Duke

Wow...you really don't know anything about football do you?

Why do you think an entire position group being inside receivers might not be matching the production of the prior year...it might not have anything to do with the players themselves.

Just think for a minute before you post.
Lol your right I don't know anything about football. The position group you speak of has consisted of two players this year. Riley and Johnson. They have both regressed for whatever reason you want to tell yourself is someone elses fault. What the heck, blame it on DeVito, other than the offensive line being bad, everybody dumps on him. Blame it Lynch for calling the same stupid screen to those two that never goes anywhere. It does when Jackson's number is called. I would be very surprised if there are many P5 schools that start two 5'8" 172 pound receivers. But hey, I'm just football stupid.

none of that is true unless you’re cherry picking a single play. Let me ask you this. Tell me a WR that has shown more this year than last year?
None of them have other than Jackson who we only saw in the bowl game. Johnson's numbers are terrible. Riley has one touchdown and that was week two against Maryland. He dropped one against BC. That entire group other than Jackson has under performed and some of it may be DeVito, but most of it isn't.

Lol your right I don't know anything about football. The position group you speak of has consisted of two players this year. Riley and Johnson. They have both regressed for whatever reason you want to tell yourself is someone elses fault. What the heck, blame it on DeVito, other than the offensive line being bad, everybody dumps on him. Blame it Lynch for calling the same stupid screen to those two that never goes anywhere. It does when Jackson's number is called. I would be very surprised if there are many P5 schools that start two 5'8" 172 pound receivers. But hey, I'm just football stupid.
Again I will point out that you don't know anything about football.

Not catching passes because they aren't thrown to you for whatever reason is not regression. Neither of them have forgotten how to run a pattern or catch the ball.

What you are talking about is not regression, it's loss of production and that is on the whole offense. Or has this offense as a whole been as productive as last year and scored as many points? Yeah, that would be a big no, but you want to pick out one turd in a world full turds and blame them.

OR maybe just maybe that defenses after being shredded by them last year refuse to get beaten by them and are taking away those inside quick hit open space options.

And as a QB it is kinda hard to complete a pass, any pass when you are on your back looking at the sky or when your facemask is planted firmly in the dirt.

oh, that’s why his production fell off? And btw, you’ll have to show me plays where he just purposely falls down short of the first down.
He's confusing riley with devito.

as a QB it is kinda hard to complete a pass, any pass when you are on your back looking at the sky
That's only true in road games.

He's confusing riley with devito.
No I’m not. I called it out twice in the game thread as the play happened. I don’t know how to find the game recording otherwise I’d find the plays

They have abandoned the middle of the field. Where Erv Philips made his bones. Where Riley and Johnson did a lot of damage. Even with a bad OL that's an area you can throw to. Frankly the play-calling has not put the players in a position to succeed.

I didn't care for Lynch's playcalling last season and it has gotten worse.

They have abandoned the middle of the field. Where Erv Philips made his bones. Where Riley and Johnson did a lot of damage. Even with a bad OL that's an area you can throw to. Frankly the play-calling has not put the players in a position to succeed.

I didn't care for Lynch's playcalling last season and it has gotten worse.
Agreed. It’s been terrible this year.

What’s his back up done? Why isn’t he targeted as much as last year? Did he forget the routes? Where are those short slants over the middle we hit last year? You think it might be other factors why his production has dropped off since last year?

Agree 100%. Funny, is that people loved the receivers last year and it's not that much different this year. They were great last year and need to be replaced this year. Jackson has made enough plays this year to at least off set the loss of the one senior.

Agreed. It’s been terrible this year.

I don't understand the lack of the use of the middle of the field and don't understand why Hackett isn't being used more for receiving and blocking.

That said, I like that they are throwing to the backs more which we haven't seen for the past 3 years.

Agree 100%. Funny, is that people loved the receivers last year and it's not that much different this year. They were great last year and need to be replaced this year. Jackson has made enough plays this year to at least off set the loss of the one senior.
Ahhhh...Custis was a game breaker. Don't have one this year.

jacksons stats are better. With 3 games to play he already has more TDs, same number of catches and only needs 126 yards. That’s with 9 games played vs Custis 13 games.
jacksons stats are better. With 3 games to play he already has more TDs, same number of catches and only needs 126 yards. That’s with 9 games played vs Custis 13 games.
That's great but we had both of them last year. Big difference.

This year is such a head scratcher. Obviously the offensive line issues are the primary reason for our problems but losing one projected starter shouldn't have been as bad as it is. I expect that more coaches will be dismissed and that we will see a handful of kids transfer out. Regardless of any reasons or excuses 3 wins against our schedule is not acceptable.

That's great but we had both of them last year. Big difference.

This is why not worth arguing. Jackson only played the bowl game. Jackson has been a perfectly acceptable replacement for Custis and other than that you have the same group that made plays and was open quite a bit last year. this year they aren't good enough! NEED TO RECRUIT BETTER!! LYNCH STINKS!!!

I would like to see the lb's shaken up. IMO, they are our weakest unit on defense and I want to see Jones and Wallace get increased pt.

This is why not worth arguing. Jackson only played the bowl game. Jackson has been a perfectly acceptable replacement for Custis and other than that you have the same group that made plays and was open quite a bit last year. this year they aren't good enough! NEED TO RECRUIT BETTER!! LYNCH STINKS!!!
When Lewis was here who actually called the plays?

He's been listed as "or" most of the season.

Don't hold your breath.

Aw, c'mon - it could happen!!

I have the 2-deep for who is going to be sleeping in my bed tonight:

Mrs 721 Comstock
OR
Kate Upton

Oh, what's that, dear? A headache?
Sorry honey! Next (wo)man up!!! ;)

Berry at DT, yikes.
Been playing there on passing downs the last few games and looks good. Like when the Giants used 4 DEs on passing downs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom