Week 12 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Week 12 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for Duke

Interesting comments from Nate Mink in syracuse.com predictions story.
“Syracuse has the defensive pieces to force mistakes. Adding a missing element and playing with more physicality along the interior of the defensive line should limit Duke’s rushing attack and free up opportunities on the edge for Alton Robinson and Kendall Coleman to pressure quarterback Quentin Harris into a couple of momentum-swinging plays.
I expect to see SU’s defense at full strength for the first time this season and, subsequently, results to match it.“

“Adding a missing element “ and “full strength for the first time “.
I have been traveling all week but did I miss something about Bear returning? Is he on the travel roster?

Arrived in Raleigh last night.

Weather is absolutely miserable now and getting worse tomorrow. Saturday high of 40 degrees with rain and 20 - 40 MPH winds.

“Syracuse has the defensive pieces to force mistakes. Adding a missing element and playing with more physicality along the interior of the defensive line should limit Duke’s rushing attack and free up opportunities on the edge for Alton Robinson and Kendall Coleman to pressure quarterback Quentin Harris into a couple of momentum-swinging plays.
I expect to see SU’s defense at full strength for the first time this season and, subsequently, results to match it.“

I have been traveling all week but did I miss something about Bear returning? Is he on the travel roster?

Travel Roster isn't released until a few hours before gametime.

Indeed.

If I were a sportswriter looking to provide my readers with good info, not anger the coaching staff I was covering, and knew the injured starting NT was finally ready to play, I would probably write something exactly like this...

Even if he plays, how much can you really expect from him this week? He’s been in a boot since August.

Sad rec. :(

Indeed.

If I were a sportswriter looking to provide my readers with good info, not anger the coaching staff I was covering, and knew the injured starting NT was finally ready to play, I would probably write something exactly like this...
Struggling to come up with another interpretation and I’m empty.

I am hearing there will be changes in the starting lineup for the offensive line as well. Should be an interesting game.

Interesting, what names could that even entail at this point?

Dino mentioned that some younger players who can still 4 game redshirt will start seeing the field, but wouldn't mention them. I assume this doesn't mean the OL though. One true freshman in that position is probably enough.

Interesting, what names could that even entail at this point?

Dino mentioned that some younger players who can still 4 game redshirt will start seeing the field, but wouldn't mention them. I assume this doesn't mean the OL though. One true freshman in that position is probably enough.

My guess and I have no inside info. Heckel starts at C, Servais slides to LT and Vettro sits.

I am hearing there will be changes in the starting lineup for the offensive line as well. Should be an interesting game.
JDH83wGKCt6Uw.gif

Arrived in Raleigh last night.

Weather is absolutely miserable now and getting worse tomorrow. Saturday high of 40 degrees with rain and 20 - 40 MPH winds.

Wow I see now a high of 39 with rain. With nearly freezing rain. 10-20mph wind. Should be dreadful conditions. Will this benefit us or them? And I’d be surprised if there’s more than 100 fans in the stadium.

not sure anything that makes teams run on us or forces us to run can be seen as good with the results so far this yr

Wow I see now a high of 39 with rain. With nearly freezing rain. 10-20mph wind. Should be dreadful conditions. Will this benefit us or them? And I’d be surprised if there’s more than 100 fans in the stadium.

It benefits the team that runs the ball better, right?

So yeah, bet the under. Heavily.

not sure anything that makes teams run on us or forces us to run can be seen as good with the results so far this yr

not sure anything that involves us showing up for the game can be seen as good for results so far this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom