Week 14 FBS Games for Dec 1-2 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Week 14 FBS Games for Dec 1-2

Join me on hot take island where I declare Washington should be left out.

Their best OOC game was home vs Boise

They were 9.5 dogs in their conference championship game, so not even viewed as the best team in their conference

That conference doesn't exist anymore so are they really conference champs?
They beat Oregon 2x, they’re in

Suspicious I See You GIF by Cloie Wyatt Taylor

My little grey cells are ready!

Kenneth-Branagh-set-to-make-third-Hercule-Poirot-movie-1140x914.jpg

Conference champ is. Which that undefeated team is.
Agree. If FSU wins really ugly and gets in over the inevitable SEC massive bellyaching, how does that affect their view on bolting the ACC?

With a loss. And currently behind FSU. If they jump them it’ll be insane.
* shrug *

that’s not the criteria. I’m not agreeing or disagree. Just saying what I think it will be

* shrug *

that’s not the criteria. I’m not agreeing or disagree. Just saying what I think it will be
It’s kinda the criteria though, isn’t it? I thought the committee has said they favor undefeated P5 conference champs.

If FSU and Michigan win

Then it should be Michigan/FSU/Washington/Texas

If Michigan wins and FSU loses

Michigan/Washington/Texas/Alabama

If both Michigan and FSU lose

Washington/Texas/Alabama/Georgia
I completely agree but I can never see the committee leaving out an SEC team so they drop Georgia to #3 and they stay in.

What’s the criteria? Is it shown somewhere? Conference champ yes. How about…. Not losing a game. Haha.

Yes I see what you’re saying but….not losing?!
“The selection committee ranks the teams based on the members’ evaluation of the teams’ performance on the field, using conference championships won, strength of schedule, head-to-head results, and comparison of results against common opponents to decide among teams that are comparable.”

Meanwhile, it’s gonna be SMU vs Liberty for the G5 NY6 berth.

SMU should get it. Liberty’s schedule is a joke.
Much like UGA’s OOC was a joke. They should not get in over Texas

It’s kinda the criteria though, isn’t it? I thought the committee has said they favor undefeated P5 conference champs.
No, W/L record isn’t necessarily in the criteria

“The selection committee ranks the teams based on the members’ evaluation of the teams’ performance on the field, using conference championships won, strength of schedule, head-to-head results, and comparison of results against common opponents to decide among teams that are comparable.”
FSU also beat two SEC schools including LSU this year.

FSU could still lose though. But if they win, and it will be against a top 15 team, you simply cannot leave them out. Literally an undefeated conference champion. What are we talking about here?
It’s naïveté like I’ve never seen before. It’s trolling to think an undefeated conference champ is left out. It’s not happening. And frankly I’m embarrassed that people are making the argument.

FSU also beat two SEC schools including LSU this year.
FSU is seen as weak now though so who knows how this plays out, if FSU wins tonight, they should be in but who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom