Week 5 ACC/FBS Games for Sept 26-28 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Week 5 ACC/FBS Games for Sept 26-28

Rutgers with the win over depleted Washington. Easy schedule for them this year. They’re going to have a good record.
Looks like they will play one ranked team (USC) all year. Washington went up and down the field on them all day long, out gained Rutgers by 225 yards. Rutgers hasn’t beat a ranked team in over 10 years, but always seem to get the breaks in the 50-50 games. This one was a comedy of errors by Washington, (terrible coaching, time management and play calling) lots of help from the refs, and the timekeeper.

-3 missed field goals. (2 chip shots)

-Had first and goal from the seven, no points due to horrendous playcalling

-7 of Rutgers points came because a Washington player ran on the field
to celebrate too early on the blocked kick

-7 more points came after a phantom facemask that clearly was not on replay. Rutgers would’ve been third and long deep in their own territory.

-inexplicably let 20 seconds tick off the clock before the two minute time out without running a play, down 11.

-the timekeeper on the last Washington drive kept letting an extra few seconds tick off the clock and the refs did nothing about it. I was screaming about it and finally the rules expert chimed at the end to say the timekeeper should be fired because he was doing a terrible job all day. He was cheating Washington out of precious seconds on purpose.

this insanely lucky performance will go down in Rutgers history up there with the Louisville game back in 2006. lol. But when they play anyone good, they will lose.

I think they made the right call. There was one angle that showed the ball jostling around. It was definitely close and I can see saying it should’ve been a TD. But I don’t think the receiver had it secured for long enough.
Not about making the right call. Was there enough evidence to overturn the call on the field?

Looks like they will play one ranked team (USC) all year. Washington went up and down the field on them all day long, out gained Rutgers by 225 yards. Rutgers hasn’t beat a ranked team in over 10 years, but always seem to get the breaks in the 50-50 games. This one was a comedy of errors by Washington, (terrible coaching, time management and play calling) lots of help from the refs, and the timekeeper.

-3 missed field goals. (2 chip shots)

-Had first and goal from the seven, no points due to horrendous playcalling

-7 of Rutgers points came because a Washington player ran on the field
to celebrate too early on the blocked kick

-7 more points came after a phantom facemask that clearly was not on replay. Rutgers would’ve been third and long deep in their own territory.

-inexplicably let 20 seconds tick off the clock before the two minute time out without running a play, down 11.

-the timekeeper on the last Washington drive kept letting an extra few seconds tick off the clock and the refs did nothing about it. I was screaming about it and finally the rules expert chimed at the end to say the timekeeper should be fired because he was doing a terrible job all day. He was cheating Washington out of precious seconds on purpose.

this insanely lucky performance will go down in Rutgers history up there with the Louisville game back in 2006. lol. But when they play anyone good, they will lose.
was that the same ref who called the facemask on the giants last night?

its a tough game

Rutgers does next to nothing gets a ton of breaks and pulls one out
Miami plays dumb all game gives scores away then loses and the refs give it back

SU cant get a stop on 4th down when we need it but no one gifts us a win.

What’s the rule if you come down on a player that is laying out of bounds? It looked to me as if the receiver that caught the ball was laying on a guy that was out of bounds.
I totally agree. This should have been the reason it was incomplete. I can't believe none of the experts on TV knew that. Nor any of the sportswriters I've seen post-game on X.

Hopefully this works out for us. VT falls apart and that’s the game we really need to win.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate VT?

I totally agree. This should have been the reason it was incomplete. I can't believe none of the experts on TV knew that. Nor any of the sportswriters I've seen post-game on X.
being on a player who is out of bounds doesnt make you OB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom