Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19

the roughing the passer call that extended our game-tying drive. It's about time a questionable call went our way to help us win a game. I'm probably biased but it seems we're always on the wrong end of these calls, i.e. 2018@Clemson(illegal man downfield on drive that would have clinched game) 2022@FSU (late hit OOB by Cundiff-Fuentes on QB, non-call when Shrader was drilled OOB on a worse infraction than the Cundiff-Fuentes call)
Ahh that call. I agree, we have gotten so many times. Remember Pitt 2018 as well

the roughing the passer call that extended our game-tying drive. It's about time a questionable call went our way to help us win a game. I'm probably biased but it seems we're always on the wrong end of these calls, i.e. 2018@Clemson(illegal man downfield on drive that would have clinched game) 2022@FSU (late hit OOB by Cundiff-Fuentes on QB, non-call when Shrader was drilled OOB on a worse infraction than the Cundiff-Fuentes call)
yea but it wasnt questionable at all

We almost doubled UNLV’s time of possession. (39 vs 20 min) Had 492 yards vs UNLV’s 354 yards, 34 first downs to UNLV’s 19. Our D gave up long passing plays to keep them in the game and like NKR said, their player did lead with his helmet. Hoping both teams continue to win despite some of their fans’ attitude - it’s good for both teams despite their whining.

Message just sent to all students at CFB games…..if you boo really loud & throw bottles on the field, the refs may randomly convene & overturn the call you don’t like.

I appreciate that they got the call right but a precedent was just set.

UB should've tested that out yesterday if they didn't have a track around their field that pushes the seats back too far.

UB had one of the biggest screwjobs I've ever seen. It was bad enough that they got called for a really weak targeting call on a 3rd down stop that kept Western Michigan's drive alive which resulted in a TD, but then came one of the worst calls in college football history in the final minute of the game.

Western Michigan was up 48-41 with 48 seconds left (thanks in large part to one-sided officiating) and decided to go for it on 4th and 1 from their own 34-yardline. The runner got tackled clearly a half yard short but they gave him a ridiculous spot. Even then it was still short of the 35 yardline which was the line to gain. Somehow they brought the chains out short of the 35 and ruled it a first down. The kickoff was a touchback so the line to gain should've been the 35 and the refs somehow moved the chains back for them and called it a first down.. again not to mention the spot was was already bad yet still short. I've never seen anything like that before.

Buffalo fans should've thrown everything they had on the field like Texas fans. Something tells me they wouldn't have gotten the call overturned though. Only certain schools would get away with that. I doubt Syracuse would either.

Last edited:
We need to win out beat Miami and hope that SMU either crashes between now and the championship game or gets crushed by Clemson

Is there really not a rule for blasting music as loud as possible right up until the opposing team snaps the ball? Asking because watching the Iowa State - UCF game last night, Iowa State was doing that all game. It helped cause a UCF false start in the final minute of a 3 point game too. That should be outlawed.

Is there really not a rule for blasting music as loud as possible right up until the opposing team snaps the ball? Asking because watching the Iowa State - UCF game last night, Iowa State was doing that all game. It helped cause a UCF false start in the final minute of a 3 point game too. That should be outlawed.

There is but seems the coaches need to complain about it first and then the refs will step in.

What a wild day of college football yesterday, you had the refs overturning a PI call after the Texas fans went bonkers, even though you can’t overturn penalty calls like that once they’re made, crazy targeting and non-targeting calls, Kirby Smart, complaining about the officiating in the after game on field interview.

I loved watching Texas go down yesterday on their home field and then throwing a tantrum. Welcome to the SEC Texas and Oklahoma that was fun and oh Bama lost again.

What a wild day of college football yesterday, you had the refs overturning a PI call after the Texas fans went bonkers, even though you can’t overturn penalty calls like that once they’re made, crazy targeting and non-targeting calls, Kirby Smart, complaining about the officiating in the after game on field interview.

I loved watching Texas go down yesterday on their home field and then throwing a tantrum. Welcome to the SEC Texas and Oklahoma that was fun and oh Bama lost again.
And Vandy is 5-2, life is weird

Message just sent to all students at CFB games…..if you boo really loud & throw bottles on the field, the refs may randomly convene & overturn the call you don’t like.

I appreciate that they got the call right but a precedent was just set.
Reminded me of a KC/Raiders MNF game where the crowd bullied the refs after they made one call against KC

The refs finally made the right call but should have penalized Texas for the crowd’s bottle, can throwing too.

The refs finally made the right call but should have penalized Texas for the crowd’s bottle, can throwing too.

I don’t think by the letter theyre allowed to go back and change the call that they had already made. They went back and changed the call only after the chaos ensued. Right or wrong call is irrelevant (and it’s not reviewable either.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom