Weitsman | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding? On top of his salary he gets millions from Nike every year and probably a lot of money through local endorsements. He lives in central NY, one of the cheapest places to live, if he doesn’t have a fat wallet he’s doing something wrong.

no one said he isnt well off...

but he is 100% underpaid.

You realize my post has nothing to do with any of that. I was responding to the posts who claim he doesn’t donate anything. Even though I may have replied to the wrong post.
I never said he doesn’t donate anything. He seems very generous with his money. I said he’s not donating to things unless it gives him a big splash.

I responded to someone who said he didn’t have money.

I may have msised a previous post - but you quoted someone who said he was underpaid.

underpaid and not having money is 2 completely different things.

Tom Brady was underpaid and creative with the cap with the Pats. But he has all the money he needs.

Jfc nobody said he wasn’t……

you LAST post just said i was responding to someone who said "he didnt have money"

so confused right now.

Shkreli doesn’t deserve mentoring or help. Screw him.
If that’s the case he shouldn’t be on the streets. But he is, so better to engage and try. Seems like a reasonable pairing. Seems odd that Jim Brown mentoring former gang members gets kudos and something like this is immediately dismissed by many.

I may have msised a previous post - but you quoted someone who said he was underpaid.

underpaid and not having money is 2 completely different things.

Tom Brady was underpaid and creative with the cap with the Pats. But he has all the money he needs.
Someone said he was underpaid and wasn’t rich, which is just insane. Dude probably hasn’t had to cash a paycheck in 15 years.

If that’s the case he shouldn’t be on the streets. But he is, so better to engage and try. Seems like a reasonable pairing. Seems odd that Jim Brown mentoring former gang members gets kudos and something like this is immediately dismissed by many.
oh good lord

Feel free to use the search function on Jim Brown. The idea that it's all "kudos" is in your head.

Feel free to use the search function on Jim Brown. The idea that it's all "kudos" is in your head.
It’s obviously not all kudos. The point is engaging people who have fd up and trying to support raises the odds that 1) they won’t do it again and 2) they can actually start to make a positive difference for others.

The original note set me off. Just dismissing people who did really bad things and then served the time demanded of them is backwards. That alone or without context shouldn’t be the reason SU separates from Weitsman. And I can’t believe I’m sticking up for him as I’m not even a fan.

It’s obviously not all kudos. The point is engaging people who have fd up and trying to support raises the odds that 1) they won’t do it again and 2) they can actually start to make a positive difference for others.

The original note set me off. Just dismissing people who did really bad things and then served the time demanded of them is backwards. That alone or without context shouldn’t be the reason SU separates from Weitsman. And I can’t believe I’m sticking up for him as I’m not even a fan.
I’d rather promote and help people who are already doing great things and would do even greater things with a backing.

According to the court he served his time but imo he never should’ve seen another day outside a jail. He can do what he wants, I don’t want to see or hear about it personally.

Meh. No school turns down money unless there is a significant hurdle to overcome and even then, most don't care.

When they do break ties or sour on a relationship it is usually when promised checks don't show up or the relationship otherwise becomes a one-way street. AW is very public about most everything he does, so it's unlikely he's been a big donor but asked SU to keep it quiet.

Yeah I’m not sure what your post has to do with what I said and what I was replying to.

You realize my post has nothing to do with any of that. I was responding to the posts who claim he doesn’t donate anything. Even though I may have replied to the wrong post.
So I’ll bite: is red being paid market above Jim’s deal?

So I’ll bite: is red being paid market above Jim’s deal?
No idea but I highly doubt it. SU wouldn’t have to pay Red much at all. He wanted the chance regardless of pay. If he succeeds, he can get a raise.

With K and Roy gone I believe JB was the second or third highest paid ACC coach behind Tony Bennett and maybe Kenny Payne.

Hubert is making “only” 1.8 million at UNC. I would assume Red is getting a similar deal.

You didn’t really think SU was actually going to break open the piggy bank. Oh no!!

Ya I doubt it. It’s his alma mater, he has zero experience. I’m sure there is a minimal bye out if any and being paid relatively cheap because of his low experience.

With K and Roy gone I believe JB was the second or third highest paid ACC coach behind Tony Bennett and maybe Kenny Payne.

Hubert is making “only” 1.8 million at UNC. I would assume Red is getting a similar deal.
I would guess Red is about 1.6. This is a savings from JB and I hope it opens up a bigger pool of money for our assistants.

LOL this is the most hilarious spin I have heard yet. Who knows, maybe thats true but if what some connected folks on the site are saying is true, hes pouting.

Actually, why in the hell would him tweeting/instagram posting a simple "What an amazing career for JB" take away from JB or red? Literally everyone else is doing it. The silence speaks louder then a post ever would.

Yup.

Agree that a class act would back off and let his friend enjoy the spotlight.

If that description fits for the guy who pays famous people to come to games with him while he plays on his phone at the scorer's table and has the same relationship with social media as a college coed, fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom