Weitsman's celebrity corner | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman's celebrity corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn’t a big deal. They certainly don’t mention it every 5 minutes like you referenced. It was brought once? Maybe twice?

And Cusefan0307 is 100% right. For years on this board people whined and complained about not having a big donor and the minute we get one they whine and complain. Some people will win the lotto and then whine how much they have to pay in taxes.

LOL I have an acquaintance who got a huge inheritance who hasn’t stopped complaining about the taxes he lost out on from a relative’s IRA. He inherited big big bucks but it could have been so much bigger. :rolleyes:

LOL I have an acquaintance who got a huge inheritance who hasn’t stopped complaining about the taxes he lost out on from a relative’s IRA. He inherited big big bucks but it could have been so much bigger. :rolleyes:
I deal with this stuff for people’s wills.
Leaving large sums of money in a trust is the smartest way to avoid paying large taxes.
Taxes are quite high when people inherit money they tend to raise a person’s tax bracket and they aren’t ready for that.
The smartest way to avoid taxes is to gift your child 14k a year in a trust to avoid taxes. That way the child gets 14k a year and Uncle Sam gets less. If they get 15k or more inherentance taxes become involved.

When you don’t use lawyers to prepare your will you probably don’t have a lot to leave.

I don't really care who he brings to the games or how he gets them there. It's his life and money. It's harmless and not a big deal. Well I am glad Floyd Mayweather didn't happen but other than that.

I've got no issues with him bringing celebs to the games. Seems a bit weird, but whatever, if you've got it, spend it how you wish.

I just wish Weitsman would pay a bit more attention to the actual game. You have courtside seats. Get off the danged phone.

Interesting tidbit in that article, that I don't think I'd heard before:

Another story I found on him as I continue to read up was about former Cuse QB Eric Dungey. His dad recently was diagnosed with cancer, so during the football season Weitsman sold his suite and donated the proceeds to Dungey's dad for the medical bills.

I remember sitting by Weitsman during a game. I had a nice, albeit brief conversation with him, never realizing who he was. Seemed like a nice, down to earth guy.

And if you are going to roll with A-list celebs you may want to tell Daniel Baldwin to move to a different seat.

How dare you!

1578532711642.png

Eh it might work if we were winning.

But his elevation to celebrity status has correlated with the programs complete nosedive.

Are you suggesting it might be his influence causing JB to play Buddy 40 minutes per game?

Eh it might work if we were winning.

But his elevation to celebrity status has correlated with the programs complete nosedive.

correlated? FTF are you talking about?

you are certifiable

I deal with this stuff for people’s wills.
Leaving large sums of money in a trust is the smartest way to avoid paying large taxes.
Taxes are quite high when people inherit money they tend to raise a person’s tax bracket and they aren’t ready for that.
The smartest way to avoid taxes is to gift your child 14k a year in a trust to avoid taxes. That way the child gets 14k a year and Uncle Sam gets less. If they get 15k or more inherentance taxes become involved.

When you don’t use lawyers to prepare your will you probably don’t have a lot to leave.

If you see the death coming, just cash everything out and hand down cash as the inheritance instead of an investment account, since cash inheritance isn’t taxable (unless we’re talking tens of millions). Of course, not everybody sees death coming.

How does this guy bringing people to the game impact your lives in any manner?

Good lord
well looking at it that way any SU game or sporting event in general doesn't really impact our lives in any manner. Yet we all spend hours offering opinions or asking fan questions on fan forums such as what is the deal with this guy.

Why do people care who he brings?

Everyone says we need big donors and we finally get one now all people do is complain about him. Literally has zero affect on anything to do with anything and in typical miserable Syracusian fashion people have to belittle someone who has any kind of success.

Good post, I agree 100%.

Borrowing a page from Townie’s playbook...

How many of those taking shots at Weitsman are non-alumni locals vs out of region alumni?

I could be wrong but this thread has some native CNYers (non-alumni) defending him and non-local SU alums poking fun.

;)

Good post, I agree 100%.

How many of those taking shots at Weitsman are non-alumni locals vs out of region alumni?

I could be wrong but this thread has some native CNYers (non-alumni) defending him and non-local SU alums poking fun.

;)

I actually think it's mostly the opposite.

CNY'ers are typically miserable negative nancy's. I work with people that feel the need to analyze his every move and I am a local alum. They don't understand why someone so wealthy would live here. Who gives a split. He does good for the community and he's very generous. Maybe they are the ones who need to get the fluck out.

I actually think it's mostly the opposite.

CNY'ers are typically miserable negative nancy's. I work with people that feel the need to analyze his every move and I am a local alum. They don't understand why someone so wealthy would live here. Who gives a split. He does good for the community and he's very generous. Maybe they are the ones who need to get the fluck out.

You’re correct in the prevalent negativity of native CNY folks (myself included).

And I can see why you would assume that’s what’s happening in this thread.

I believe this is one of the rare occurrences when the opposite is true (non-alumni are showing support/positivity, SU alums are poo-pooing Weitsman).

Not a hill I care to die on, just an observation.

You’re correct in the prevalent negativity of native CNY folks (myself included).

And I can see why you would assume that’s what’s happening in this thread.

I believe this is one of the rare occurrences when the opposite is true (non-alumni are showing support/positivity, SU alums are poo-pooing something).

Not a hill I care to die on, just an observation.

Could be true, however outside of the board this isn't the case.

Good post, I agree 100%.

;)

I will say...people from Owego are not necessarily in love with him and how he treats his employees...

I have personally never worked with him so just going off of what I’ve heard from several people that have worked for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom