Welcome to the ACC from a Georgia Tech fan | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the ACC from a Georgia Tech fan

BonevilleJacket

Walk On
Welcome to the conference!

I'm sure there are guys here who aren't sold on this move (just like any major decision). There are folks on our board thinking the same thing (www.gojackets.com). Here's my thought: this guarantees us all still have a seat at the big boy table for the foreseeable future. When the dust settles and all the teams who are going to be in a major conference have one and all the conferences that are going to still be relevant are set, this move ensures that Georgia Tech, Syrcause, and the ACC are part of that still. We can argue tradition, travel, rivalries, whatever, but at the end of the day, this ensures survival. Of that, I can get behind.

So welcome to the ACC. I hope you beat the hell out of VT and Miami in football and Duke and UNC in bball.

Thanks. GT was always the one ACC football team that I liked. Of course, that has to end now. ;)

Thanks. GT was always the one ACC football team that I liked. Of course, that has to end now. ;)
I have to think that we'll end up in a Southern division and you guys in a Northern. Seems we can be pretty useful to each other in intra-conference, cross-divisional games.

Like the GT fan...a welcome from this Hokie...

I can't remember what board Jake (your admin) ran when we left the BE was in charge of, but at that time, I told the Cuse fans how I would miss the games that we had.

To this day, still cannot look at the McNabb play...and think about the game in 2000, and that the only time VT won in the Dome was with Michael Vick.

I think with your history, you will be back for football in no time to where you were when we used to battle for the BE title. I think having VT, FSU, Clemson, GT, MD, etc coming into the Dome it will perk interest.

Since it is official, hope you do not have to linger in the BE very long.

I can't remember what board Jake (your admin) ran when we left the BE was in charge of, but at that time, I told the Cuse fans how I would miss the games that we had.

To this day, still cannot look at the McNabb play...and think about the game in 2000, and that the only time VT won in the Dome was with Michael Vick.

I think with your history, you will be back for football in no time to where you were when we used to battle for the BE title. I think having VT, FSU, Clemson, GT, MD, etc coming into the Dome it will perk interest.

Can't wait to start hating you with the burning passion of a million suns again. :D

I'm sure there are guys here who aren't sold on this move (just like any major decision). There are folks on our board thinking the same thing (www.gojackets.com). Here's my thought: this guarantees us all still have a seat at the big boy table for the foreseeable future. When the dust settles and all the teams who are going to be in a major conference have one and all the conferences that are going to still be relevant are set, this move ensures that Georgia Tech, Syrcause, and the ACC are part of that still. We can argue tradition, travel, rivalries, whatever, but at the end of the day, this ensures survival. Of that, I can get behind.

So welcome to the ACC. I hope you beat the hell out of VT and Miami in football and Duke and UNC in bball.

Great post and thanks a lot. Looking forward to getting it going with you guys.

TECH was always my favorite game - every year - can't wait to get you guys back on the schedule. Good luck this season.

Thanks and how cool will it be for both fan bases to head to the "Varsity" North and South before and after our games.

Thanks for all the welcoming from Tech and the Hokies, cant wait for some new rivalries and old ones to resume!

New tradition's a brewing. Thanks, and we hope to see your teams on their backs soon :).

Thanks for the post. I have a bunch of family in Alpharetta, and I really love Atlanta as a city, so I look forward to head down for some games down the road.

This will work out well for everyone. Those who aren't all in on it yet, will be in time.