Welcome to the McCord era | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the McCord era

McCord made some throws look effortless. His cross field toss to Hatcher (arm strength), toss to OG in 2nd half with 3 guys on him was perfectly placed, the two dimes to Pena (Pena deserves some love from the fans, McCord didn't just like him in the Spring it would appear). Love his overall play.
Did not like how we scripted first series though. 3 and out with all three passes was horrible. Nixon called better balance as game progressed. I still want more Willis than Nixon.
By the way did Willis break the plane on TV on that3rd and goal? Did not see replay at game but for one shot and ball looked in.
Sure looked like he broke it to me as well depends on where the ref says his knee hit the ground I guess but he had the ball across the line. Same shot you saw.

Good to see this team has multiple players who can make contested catches and adjust to balls not on the numbers. Seems like it has been a minute since there has been a hint of depth at WR.
And a OC who calls pass plays away from the sidelines. Babers always ran those sideline plays where the sidelinecwas an extra defender.
It's nice to see Nixon call plays where receivers can catch and run.

And a OC who calls pass plays away from the sidelines. Babers always ran those sideline plays where the sidelinecwas an extra defender.
It's nice to see Nixon call plays where receivers can catch and run.
I'm not sure who to blame on those. Could've been the QB for throwing it too far outside, the WR for not fighting for position, or bad coaching. When we had Dungey throwing to AET and Ishmael the ball was inbounds and those were catches, so I would lean towards the players on that one.

We have a QB !!!

McCord has arm strength, accuracy, and awareness.

Not too much escapability.

Real test will be when he faces foes with an ACC caliber pass rush.

For the first time in a long time the receiving corps impressed me.

Refs were terrible. They didnt call the flagrant and they had that terrible holding call after our guy got face masked that wiped out a huge play. How did the others guys only get one penalty for 5 yards ????

We have a QB !!!

McCord has arm strength, accuracy, and awareness.

Not too much escapability.

Real test will be when he faces foes with an ACC caliber pass rush.

For the first time in a long time the receiving corps impressed me.

Refs were terrible. They didnt call the flagrant and they had that terrible holding call after our guy got face masked that wiped out a huge play. How did the others guys only get one penalty for 5 yards ????
Because they didn't call several holds, some of which got their RB free to the outside.

He did break the plane, easily from the front view. What we couldn't see if if he was down before he broke it. They didn't have any good angle views either.

That's ok, the refs couldn't see it either.

mccord looked good i think he had ALOT of help from the receivers

I've loved our great running QBs like Dungey and Shafer that both saved us countless times when plays broke down, but man it's nice to face 3rd & 9 and think we have a good shot of picking it up through the air.

I've loved our great running QBs like Dungey and Shafer that both saved us countless times when plays broke down, but man it's nice to face 3rd & 9 and think we have a good shot of picking it up through the air.

Forgot which WR it was but he fought and caught a pass with the DB battling ball and body and got the first down on a 3rd down pass and it wasn't OG. That was nice to see and maybe it was me but it seemed SU didn't have that happen too much of late.

I wanna say that i also did not believe in Pena. I blame his name. I hate saying Trebor. I thought it was just switching the v in Trevor but a friend said his name is Robert backwords. And now i hate it even more.

Hate that he has an INT on record for this game because his receiver didn’t fight.
The dropped int on his first pass evened it out I guess, but he was solid.
My favorite part of his game is keeping passes in play and giving receivers a shot to make a play.

Last edited:
The hits Dungey and Shaffer took directly led to the reason we frequently faded in the back half of the year. Running QB’s are fun to watch but it’s nearly impossible for them to make it through an entire season unscathed.

Can't tell you the last time I felt like every time a ball was in the air it was going to get caught. Past few years if a ball looked good I expected a drop.
The lack of drops was my favorite part. I think there was maybe one bad drop all game and that was a true freshman. And I recall one more drop that just wasn't a great throw.

Kyle McCord studying film on the sidelines.
Who is the coach in the lavender shirt?
IMG_8445.jpeg

OG is big and strong as well. Two defenders just bounced off of him when they tried to tackle him. He's world class.
Agree.
He almost looks “freak-ish” with that lengthy bod and those tiny shoulder pads.
Dude is a gamer. Very glad he is back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom