Welcome to the McCord era | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the McCord era

He did miss a sideline pass on 2nd down in our 1st drive of the 2nd half that would have moved the chain. I wouldn't call it a brutal drop but certainly should have been caught. His total lack of competitiveness on the interception was inexcusable. I was really disappointed in Umari in this game.

I probably would have let the first drop go but since he didn’t fight for the INT it all compounds

Umari has been given chance after chance with two different coaches.

At some point it’s time to move on.

Please didn't kill me for this, people

McCord isn't great. He's good and competent and knows what to do. This is repeatable. We didn't have to find Superman.

If he lights it up with less talented WR than he has at Ohio State, maybe we finally get started recruiting really good QBs year in year out with the hey we play in a dome we should explore that strategy

Please didn't kill me for this, people

McCord isn't great. He's good and competent and knows what to do. This is repeatable. We didn't have to find Superman.

If he lights it up with less talented WR than he has at Ohio State, maybe we finally get started recruiting really good QBs year in year out with the hey we play in a dome we should explore that strategy
achmed-i-kill-you.gif

I probably would have let the first drop go but since he didn’t fight for the INT it all compounds

Umari has been given chance after chance with two different coaches.

At some point it’s time to move on.
Maybe Meeks and Ross-Simmons eat into his snap share, but this idea that he's failing on "chance after chance" just seems really weird to me.

He didn't cause problems last year when we basically stopped throwing the ball. He hung in there when Fran arrived. It sounds like he embraced the new level of intensity and committed (unlike Alford). He did enough in practice to hang on to his spot. And it's clear that he's a supporting player on offense but not a main guy.

I feel like it's not crazy to thing he's going to have some better games this season and we're going to need that.

Maybe Meeks and Ross-Simmons eat into his snap share, but this idea that he's failing on "chance after chance" just seems really weird to me.

He didn't cause problems last year when we basically stopped throwing the ball. He hung in there when Fran arrived. It sounds like he embraced the new level of intensity and committed (unlike Alford). He did enough in practice to hang on to his spot. And it's clear that he's a supporting player on offense but not a main guy.

I feel like it's not crazy to thing he's going to have some better games this season and we're going to need that.

If he doesn’t let the BC guy rip the ball out of his hands last year we still probably have Dino Babers right now.

Too many times on field I’ve seen him do similar where he gives up.

Was hoping we would see something different this season because of the rave reviews. But it looked like the same old same old

If he doesn’t let the BC guy rip the ball out of his hands last year we still probably have Dino Babers right now.

Too many times on field I’ve seen him do similar where he gives up.

Was hoping we would see something different this season because of the rave reviews. But it looked like the same old same old
He made a bad play but I'm not sure if that's a trend.

It just seems we have a cohort of fans weirdly interested in dumping the guy, even though he's one of the few homegrown WRs that's actually shown some playmaking ability. And he stuck through the transition. The only other guy that played on the roster last season that can say that is Gill, and Gill has accomplished less on the field than Hatcher has.

He made a bad play but I'm not sure if that's a trend.

It just seems we have a cohort of fans weirdly interested in dumping the guy, even though he's one of the few homegrown WRs that's actually shown some playmaking ability. And he stuck through the transition. The only other guy that played on the roster last season that can say that is Gill, and Gill has accomplished less on the field than Hatcher has.
I'm definitely not watching the same guy as you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom