Welcome to the McCord era | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the McCord era

The lack of drops was my favorite part. I think there was maybe one bad drop all game and that was a true freshman. And I recall one more drop that just wasn't a great throw.

Umari had a brutal drop and a brutal play where he gave up on the ball and let the defender have an INT

I expect Meeks probably to replace him for more snaps.

He deserves it

Umari had a brutal drop and a brutal play where he gave up on the ball and let the defender have an INT

He deserves it
Agreed and glad some one said it. I didn't think that int was on Kyle either.

He deserves it
What you do in practice if you don't do it in the games you need to sit. Next man up, that's the way it should be.

While this is a Kyle thread, can’t help but to be excited about the synergy he has with Pena. Having that reliable slot option to go with OG and then Laquint for when you need a security blanket to pick up a big third down or get the ball out quickly is such a big asset especially with the type of QB Kyle is.

While this is a Kyle thread, can’t help but to be excited about the synergy he has with Pena. Having that reliable slot option to go with OG and then Laquint for when you need a security blanket to pick up a big third down or get the ball out quickly is such a big asset especially with the type of QB Kyle is.
It seems like Kyle has at least 3 guys he knows he can count on, maybe 4 or 5. Hopefully Hatcher can find focus and join that group.

He deserves it
What brutal drop?

What brutal drop?
There was no brutal drop, it was a throw behind him that would have been a tough catch. The INT was poor effort to come back to the ball on Hatcher’s part for sure. My suspicion is he’s a star in practice, but when the lights go on for game time he just doesn’t have it. Not the first, won’t be the last player like that.

How often this year when Cuse takes the field do they not have the best QB in the game, 0,1,2?? It’s definitely not many.

And this is all without Villari being targeted and JRS on the sideline. There is a lot to be excited about on the offensive side of the ball.

It seems like Kyle has at least 3 guys he knows he can count on, maybe 4 or 5. Hopefully Hatcher can find focus and join that group.
I want Mang and/or Villari on the field instead of another WR like Hatcher that can't be relied upon.

If you consider OG a TE the only WRs that should get a lot of targets are Haynes, Meeks, and Pena.

We aren't a Sonny Dykes 5 wide offense we'll be close to 50-50 run/pass.

I want Mang and/or Villari on the field instead of another WR like Hatcher that can't be relied upon.

If you consider OG a TE the only WRs that should get a lot of targets are Haynes, Meeks, and Pena.

We aren't a Sonny Dykes 5 wide offense we'll be close to 50-50 run/pass.
Glad you aren’t coaching

I don’t know what any you were looking at, but after the first drive he only put one ball in place where anyone but receiver could catch it. If you saw something otherwise, you are blind
And that one was a no lose situation. They probably would have been better off if they dropped the int and kyle was well aware of the situation. Amazing instincts.

I don’t know what any you were liking at, but after the first drive he only put one ball in place where anyone but receiver could catch it. If you saw something otherwise, you are blind
There's allot of love for McCord here GURU, chillax. Everyone was impressed with his play on the field.

What brutal drop?
He did miss a sideline pass on 2nd down in our 1st drive of the 2nd half that would have moved the chain. I wouldn't call it a brutal drop but certainly should have been caught. His total lack of competitiveness on the interception was inexcusable. I was really disappointed in Umari in this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom