Welcome to the McCord era | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the McCord era

Not to mention the BS penalty on the previous play, which cost him probably passing 40-45 yards

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 48
I can’t believe how good Pena looks. I’m shocked. I admit to taking the L on him at WR. He’s fantastic.

Kyle, OG, LQA, Haynes and Pena are a force.

Meeks had a catch that I audibly gasped at.

Keep the pocket relatively clean and McCord will put up numbers this year that will be astounding.

Kyle also sprayed the ball around and kept everyone engaged and the D on their toes.

We have work to do, but great start.
OG is big and strong as well. Two defenders just bounced off of him when they tried to tackle him. He's world class.

Need to keep his pocket clean. He’s not outrunning anyone to the chains with his dad bod.

Thought Spoon got beat a few times. But when he had time, he dissected that defense. A couple of awfully good back shoulder throws too.

Need to keep his pocket clean. He’s not outrunning anyone to the chains with his dad bod.

Thought Spoon got beat a few times. But when he had time, he dissected that defense. A couple of awfully good back shoulder throws too.
He made reads we never saw from Devito. His grasp of the defense and offense is light years ahead.

I’m not sure if McCord is just better at going through his progressions (I know he is) or if it was scheme but it seemed like someone was open almost every play. How many time in recent history have we not had anyone open numerous times? And yes, I know there’s also
Been many missed guys that have been open too and our QB just didn’t have the vision to see them.

I’m not sure if McCord is just better at going through his progressions (I know he is) or if it was scheme but it seemed like someone was open almost every play. How many time in recent history have we not had anyone open numerous times? And yes, I know there’s also
Been many missed guys that have been open too and our QB just didn’t have the vision to see them.
Yeah, on some plays he could have safely gone to a few guys.

McCord made some throws look effortless. His cross field toss to Hatcher (arm strength), toss to OG in 2nd half with 3 guys on him was perfectly placed, the two dimes to Pena (Pena deserves some love from the fans, McCord didn't just like him in the Spring it would appear). Love his overall play.
Did not like how we scripted first series though. 3 and out with all three passes was horrible. Nixon called better balance as game progressed. I still want more Willis than Nixon.
By the way did Willis break the plane on TV on that3rd and goal? Did not see replay at game but for one shot and ball looked in.
He did break the plane, easily from the front view. What we couldn't see if if he was down before he broke it. They didn't have any good angle views either.

I saw we had 6 big plays for 20+ yards.

5 of them were passes to 4 different receivers. Gadsden had two. One running play for 27.

Not only is the offensive looking explosive, you can't just try to lock down one receiver.

Don’t forget about LQA in the passing game either. Besides his 1 handed TD catch, he’s going to be an important part of the passing game this year. Whether he’s being thrown to or helping other guys by drawing defenders to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom