well now its official | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

well now its official

JeremyCuse said:
Yup its been clear all year. From the JB suspension, the Clemson bonanza, the Wisky meltdown, Cooney missing every single clutch shot, Amerigo Vespucci from St. johns hitting fade away 30 foot NBA 3's, Richardson falling off the face of the earth shooting wise the last 2-3 weeks, Roberson absent more then congress, Kaleb playing me after a dozen beers at the fine lot, etc etc etc. Thank god for lacrosse, because fball and bball have been a nightmare this year.

It was pretty clear after I went to the opener with Lehigh -- this team was flawed and probably a bubble team or worse.

Wake up call for next year and beyond.

Well, our resume "blows" as much if not worse than Michigan. Their computer numbers were slightly better before this win anyways. It's a wash to me which ones of those wins are better...theirs or ours. But, they overcame obstacles and got it done. Thin bench like us, jack 3s, no post play, plus no LeVert much of the season. Hats off to Beilein and their coaching staff.
Our resume does not blow.

C'mon the RPI computer numbers are so easy to break down. I have said this 500 times. Playing chitty teams kills your RPI.
Princeton is 36, Yale is 41.
Syracuse is 71 because we played Montana State 270, Boston College 241, Texas Southern 202 a total of 4 games.

Those 4 games alone cost 18 spots in the RPI because of SOS.

Michigan's resume sucks more than ours. They have 2 good wins away from home. We have 4.

Michigan lost LeVert but they don't have a thin bench they played 9 guys today that is not thin a bench and a 10th guy in a suitable walkon in Dan Dakich's son.

JeremyCuse said:
Yup its been clear all year. From the JB suspension, the Clemson bonanza, the Wisky meltdown, Cooney missing every single clutch shot, Amerigo Vespucci from St. johns hitting fade away 30 foot NBA 3's, Richardson falling off the face of the earth shooting wise the last 2-3 weeks, Roberson absent more then congress, Kaleb playing me after a dozen beers at the fine lot, etc etc etc. Thank god for lacrosse, because fball and bball have been a nightmare this year.

You've got beer gardens, wine tours, and a boat trip to the amphitheater to look forward to at least.

But football went from nightmare to wet dream with one simple hire.

That did turn around quickly, results will probably take a year or two before they bear fruit.

LOL don't forget Wine Fest, Now & Later, and finger lake wine tours.
Alcohol gods answer to a bad Syracuse sports performance.

syracuse_a_drinking_town_with_a_sports_problem_paj.jpg

C'mon the RPI computer numbers are so easy to break down. I have said this 500 times. Playing chitty teams kills your RPI.
Syracuse is 71 because we played Montana State 270, Boston College 241, Texas Southern 202 a total of 4 games.

Michigan's resume sucks more than ours. They have 2 good wins away from home. We have 4.

Michigan lost LeVert but they don't have a thin bench they played 9 guys today that is not thin a bench and a 10th guy in a suitable walkon in Dan Dakich's son.

We're 19-13. Our resume is weak. Michigan's isn't impressive, but to act like ours is substantially better is kind of crazy to me. We're not getting in. It sucks, yes. We can sit here and b*tch all we want. The fact is, we didn't win enough games. We had COUNTLESS chances to grab 1 freaking win and we didn't do it. I am looking at this objectively, and I don't see any way we make the dance. I just hope 2016-2017 is better!

Honestly there's nothing worse then the NIT, if were not in the NCAA tourney I would rather the season be over. It will never happen but I would love for SU to just say don't pick us were not playing. What the NCAA gonna do fine us?

Triple Secret Probation.

Michigan is now 4-9 against the Top 50, 4-11 against the Top 100. Compared to SU's 4-6 (8-10). Both teams now have three wins vs. the Top 25.

JeremyCuse said:
Honestly there's nothing worse then the NIT, if were not in the NCAA tourney I would rather the season be over. It will never happen but I would love for SU to just say don't pick us were not playing. What the NCAA gonna do fine us?

Forfeit the cross country title

JeremyCuse said:
Take another year of eligibility from Obokoh, oh god please don't do that. Maybe they will put another asterisk for the 1990 Lax championship

Didn't we leave Obokoh down in Miami?

Is this a continuation of the Thomas Bryant vendetta?!

You guys and girls know me on this forum to be a fairly positive person, right?
We. Are. Out.

Sorry to say, but we didn't deserve it up until this point and would have only gotten in by default. It wasn't going to last as some teams earned their way in at the last minute. Good for them, honestly.
I don't know who would argue this point, but I'm sure there are always takers :eat popcorn:. We won 1 out of our last 6 games. One. Doesn't sound like a tourney team to me. Everything else would be some half-arsed attempt to rationalize why we deserve to play in March. We don't deserve it. I want us in, but we didn't earn it.

Onto next season y'all. Unlike like last year, I will play in a company pool. First time I will when SU is out. Might even watch games. I am still trying to enjoy this sport without us playing to the level we should be but believe me, this stings something fierce as so many little blunders here and there got us into this predicament. I still think we'll get it back, hopefully next year. Got a long ways to go but keep your heads up!

We. Are. Out.

Sorry to say, but we didn't deserve it up until this point and would have only gotten in by default. It wasn't going to last as some teams earned their way in at the last minute. Good for them, honestly.
I don't know who would argue this point, but I'm sure there are always takers :eat popcorn:. We won 1 out of our last 6 games. One. Doesn't sound like a tourney team to me. Everything else would be some half-arsed attempt to rationalize why we deserve to play in March. We don't deserve it. I want us in, but we didn't earn it.

Onto next season y'all. Unlike like last year, I will play in a company pool. First time I will when SU is out. Might even watch games. I am still trying to enjoy this sport without us playing to the level we should be but believe me, this stings something fierce as so many little blunders here and there got us into this predicament. I still think we'll get it back, hopefully next year. Got a long ways to go but keep your heads up!

what...who....why???

Florida down 6 under a minute.

Edit* Then A&M shoots with 15 left on shot clock, miss, and foul Florida. HORRID

We. Are. Out.

Now I have officially lost all hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom