well now its official | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

well now its official

i doubt id watch 1 second of the nit. maybe if they made it to the garden id check em out but otherwise snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooze

I don't think our friends in the ACC would look kindly on that.

Florida State turned it down last year. I don't think it will come to that. We'll make the NIT. But if it does, we can ask them.

i doubt id watch 1 second of the nit. maybe if they made it to the garden id check em out but otherwise snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooze
I might have to watch it just to see G and Coooooooooondawg ride out into the sunset, hopefully everyone playing their hearts out.

uconn down 9 at half now up 4. it could officially be official very soon
I hear ya, but uconn winning the aac tourney would be ok too - Tulsa on the lower half of that bracket might be more important

You guys are crazy for not wanting to play in the NIT. Howard needs all the reps he can get at the point.

I totally agree. I kept wanting to make that point but I wanted to wait for someone with more board credibility to back me up against the seemingly rather vocal "turn down the NIT" crowd. We have three freshman in the rotation - more experience is a good thing, especially for Howard, regardless of the tournament. The last few games have been as brutally painful for me as anyone but to act like nothing can be gained from the NIT is misguided imho. Hakim made quite a jump with his performance in the NIT leading into 2002-03

Our resume does not blow.

C'mon the RPI computer numbers are so easy to break down. I have said this 500 times. Playing chitty teams kills your RPI.
Princeton is 36, Yale is 41.
Syracuse is 71 because we played Montana State 270, Boston College 241, Texas Southern 202 a total of 4 games.

Those 4 games alone cost 18 spots in the RPI because of SOS.

Michigan's resume sucks more than ours. They have 2 good wins away from home. We have 4.

Michigan lost LeVert but they don't have a thin bench they played 9 guys today that is not thin a bench and a 10th guy in a suitable walkon in Dan Dakich's son.

That's a recent development then in Beilein expanding the bench. Two months ago my UM grad friends were concerned about that. I was wrong.

I just don't see how our resume is better than Michigan's. I'm DEFINITELY giving them the benefit of the doubt for getting it together somewhat and overcoming the LeVert loss. They play good ball. We crapped the bed and blew some golden opportunities. We can barely string together a couple of good possessions of offense in a row these days.

I totally agree. I kept wanting to make that point but I wanted to wait for someone with more board credibility to back me up against the seemingly rather vocal "turn down the NIT" crowd. We have three freshman in the rotation - more experience is a good thing, especially for Howard, regardless of the tournament. The last few games have been as brutally painful for me as anyone but to act like nothing can be gained from the NIT is misguided imho. Hakim made quite a jump with his performance in the NIT leading into 2002-03
Cue the "if Malachi and/or Lydon have a big NIT, they gone" talk!

MSOrange said:

There's merit to this. But will we pay any more NIT games than we would have in the NCAA tourney?

Just hope we don't brush off he NIT.

That's a recent development then in Beilein expanding the bench. Two months ago my UM grad friends were concerned about that. I was wrong.

I just don't see how our resume is better than Michigan's. I'm DEFINITELY giving them the benefit of the doubt for getting it together somewhat and overcoming the LeVert loss. They play good ball. We crapped the bed and blew some golden opportunities. We can barely string together a couple of good possessions of offense in a row these days.
Throw Michigan in with the rest, this was just their 4th top 100 win. All these teams like UConn, St Bon, St Joes, Wichita, St Marys, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Vandy, South Carolina shouldn't be in ahead of us. Look at some of those resumes...just putrid. I mean, St Joe's is a lock? If they lose to GW today, they'll have lost 3 in a row and 4 of 6, so right there with us. One of those losses is at home to Duquesne and their only very good win is Dayton.

Absolutely.

If they even make another run of some sort here, I will lose my mind.

i lost my mind in 2014. if they even make the 2nd weekend this year theres no telling what ill lose!

UConn in OT in their conference tourney, where have we seen this before? I'm guessing they hit a buzzer beater to win it.

Assuming Frank gets minutes.

Uconn winning the tourney would give us another top 50 win.

This is like the economy: good news is actually bad news and bad news is actually good news. It's all in how you look at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom