Well, this is 100% to blame on the blue shorts | Syracusefan.com

Well, this is 100% to blame on the blue shorts

Enough about the unis...please let's talk about the real reasons we lost.

Don't underestimate the power of the uniforms. If I was the BC coach I would have made a point - bet he did - of the uniforms being a gimmick brought out to liven up an easy SU Wednesday night win. And that is exactly what they were supposed to be. Breaking out crap like that is a mockery to the other team on a Wednesday night in a game where they are 15 point underdogs.

Just kidding.
The real reason that we lost is Donahue kept whistling on the court.

Don't underestimate the power of the uniforms. If I was the BC coach I would have made a point - bet he did - of the uniforms being a gimmick brought out to liven up an easy SU Wednesday night win. And that is exactly what they were supposed to be. Breaking out crap like that is a mockery to the other team on a Wednesday night in a game where they are 15 point underdogs.

Nike does that every time one of its marquee schools plays an UNDER ARMOUR team.

And last year, Syracuse lost to UNDER ARMOUR's Temple.

That is the true pattern!

VirginiaOrange said:

99 times out of a hundred we win this game. Donahue's use of uni talk was not the reason they won the 1 in 100.

...but at a humiliating lifetime record of 0-3 when we've worn blue in the JB era, I hope that we never see any blue uniforms ever again.

I hope we burn those things and JB ships the ashes back to Nike.

Let me say this about the unis. They were butt fi'in ugly. I can deal with that, but I can't deal with the fact that the jerseys didn't seem to fit the players right. They kept coming untucked and players were fidgeting with them all night long.

It was a distraction.

...but at a humiliating lifetime record of 0-3 when we've worn blue in the JB era, I hope that we never see any blue uniforms ever again.
the uniforms were ridiculous, but I think we just played like crap.

Real reason? Too many one out of twos at the FT line. Would have won in regulation.-VBOF

Very true. As lousy as we played offensively, if we'd made a few free throws in the second half instead of splitting about 5 trips to the stripe...

In a game as poorly played offensively as tonight, it is hard to point to any one thing. But we could have easily won if we'd done a little better job concentrating and capitalizing at the line.

Very true. As lousy as we played offensively, if we'd made a few free throws in the second half instead of splitting about 5 trips to the stripe...

In a game as poorly played offensively as tonight, it is hard to point to any one thing. But we could have easily won if we'd done a little better job concentrating and capitalizing at the line.

It was that and countless missed bunnies.

And why no BMK in second half? JB wanted to ease him in, but that was weird,

Seriously, can we please never wear alternate uniforms ever again? Especially in the middle of a 25 game winning streak?

It was that and countless missed bunnies.

And why no BMK in second half? JB wanted to ease him in, but that was weird,

Eh, why no Roberson. Seriously, he can be bad on offense too. I've seen him pull it off. That alone merits some play considering how the team has looked of late.

I feel sorry for those who bought the $120-$125 jersey - no way I'd ever wear the damn thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom