Well, this is 100% to blame on the blue shorts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well, this is 100% to blame on the blue shorts

If given a pair of the blue shorts - name something you would use them for.

Wear them?

Just not along with any of my orange jerseys, of course.

If given a pair of the blue shorts - name something you would use them for.

I would wear them in the summer when I am doing any sort of physical activity. Is this a trick question?

Dakich commented on the unis early in the game, calling for Mike Tirico to shell out some coin and buy better ones. Later on, though, he said he liked the uniforms. My guess is he got a call from Nike offering him more money.:)-VBOF

Those are terrible. I don't mind the orange tops but the blue shorts? My god. Find the nearest furnace and light those suckers up.

That was one of the ugliest combos I've ever seen.

I whole heartedly blame the shorts for the L. ;):bang:

Brent Axe‏@BrentAxeMedia13 mins
Those SU shorts and jerseys last night were like Spaghetti and Ice cream. On their own, they are fine. Put them together, not so much.

I didn't see anything retro about those. Took me several moments to realize which team was ours, and was pretty shocked to see we were the ugly team. They actually made it harder for me to tell which player was which player. The unis looked too dark and terrible in the long distance shots but somewhat OK in the close ups. Nike should have put angel wings or something on them.

Let's burn 'em.

Thanks Nike. Mismatched uniforms ain't classic, ya' jerks.

Jake said:
Let me say this about the unis. They were butt fi'in ugly. I can deal with that, but I can't deal with the fact that the jerseys didn't seem to fit the players right. They kept coming untucked and players were fidgeting with them all night long. It was a distraction.

You'd think the players would tried them on a few days before to see if they fit comfortably. It makes no sense.

Did the players also have new sneakers?

I didn't see anything retro about those. Took me several moments to realize which team was ours, and was pretty shocked to see we were the ugly team. They actually made it harder for me to tell which player was which player. The unis looked too dark and terrible in the long distance shots but somewhat OK in the close ups. Nike should have put angel wings or something on them.

Like 4 or 5 different times I honestly confused which team was which because I normally see us wearing white uniforms in the Dome.

Whomever choose those uniforms and decided it was a good idea to wear them...that is why they lost to BC...

Agree. I was thinking last night, there is some individual person at Nike who championed the Orange/Blue combo and were they watching the game thinking "man those look good?" Or were they saying "My god what was I thinking?" Because the uniforms looked like a mistake. The tweets they showed at halftime were 100% negative, the commentators went out of their way to say how stupid and terrible they looked.

Part of me says it is Nike trolling the SU fanbase. People have been clamoring for the script jerseys for years, so Nike says "watch this" and gives us exactly the jersey we want, but then pairs it with insanely wrong and stupid shorts that make our whole team look like a little league club that couldn't afford the whole uniform!

You'd think the players would tried them on a few days before to see if they fit comfortably. It makes no sense.

Did the players also have new sneakers?

From whenever we have alt uniforms, it seems like the pattern is that the players don't even see them until game day or the day before.

Nike does that every time one of its marquee schools plays an UNDER ARMOUR team.

And last year, Syracuse lost to UNDER ARMOUR's Temple.

That is the true pattern!

Let's put that to the test on Monday.

Yes, the real reason we lost. You didn't leave the chat room early enough. ;)
The reason we lost is because when it came to the final shot it was Rak's chance with the ball in his hands 5 feet away from the basket and a hook shot tha he is married to because he has made a couple in the past. Turning and facing the basket was never in his mind or passing it back out to Tyler or even CJ who had a poor game for him.

even CJ who had a poor game for him.

CJ Fair: 45 minutes, 20 points, 11 boards, 2 blocks, 6/6 on free throws.

I'd say that's a good line for just about anybody.

CJ Fair: 45 minutes, 20 points, 11 boards, 2 blocks, 6/6 on free throws.

I'd say that's a good line for just about anybody.

Let's not gloss over that 7-23 shooting performance though. He was only credited with 1 turnover, but some of those running layup things he threw up that didn't draw iron might as well have been turnovers. Not his worst game ever, but that's not the kind of performance we need from our senior leader if we expect to make noise in the NCAA tournament. He needs to go back to letting the offense flow through him and not acting like he's the man and he needs to take everything on his shoulders. That's not his game.

Real reason? Too many one out of twos at the FT line.

Now why would that be? The ref hands you ball. You take a dribble or two and you look down. Big mistake. You suddenly realize that you are wearing incongruous blue shorts and that you are on television. The shot has been missed already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom