We're a poor team right now. | Syracusefan.com

We're a poor team right now.

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
#1 or not, 25 wins in a row or not, we're just not playing very good basketball right now. We're a very poor team playing some very poor basketball.

Last edited:
Part of it is not having a ton to play for. Keep in mind teams want to peak in March not in February. Said it all season last year and picked them to win it all (came close) because they started peaking in March not February.

We have become the gang that cannot shoot straight. Ennis and CJ were both awful tonight .. CJ was out of control most of the night taking wild shot after wild shot.

I'm glad we've got one of the best records in the country, but this team sure doesn't look like a top 25 team this month.

You can't lose at home to a team with 2 conference wins in February. You just can't.

so we are allowed to lose a close game?

Three really poor home performances in two weeks. Not good at all.

#1 or not, 25 wins in a row or not, we're just playing very good basketball right now. We're a very poor team playing some very poor basketball.
Whatever happened to our offense? Too much reliance on Fair down the stretch. Guys are tired, and once again we have no bench to speak of.

with 3 first round draft picks and possibly two lottery guys we suck moose balls on offense. By the way there is not 3 first round draft picks here.

It's really unfortunate that with the soaring excitement surrounding this team and the promise of witnessing something special unfold, we have to take a serious humiliating a$$ kicking upset from the worst team in the league. This one really hurts and the whispers we've been hearing are going to be loud and clear now.

Last edited:
Worse loss in the history of Syracuse BB. Worse than Richmond or Vermont etc. BC is a horrendous team. I would make them wear pink jerseys in practice till Sat. Not allowed to put on a Syracuse jersey till game time.

retro44 said:
with 3 first round draft picks and possibly two lottery guys we suck moose balls on offense. By the way there is not 3 first round draft picks here.

I'm having trouble figuring out why the NBA thinks so highly of Ennis and Grant. Neither are NBA material.

Part of it is not having a ton to play for. Keep in mind teams want to peak in March not in February. Said it all season last year and picked them to win it all (came close) because they started peaking in March not February.

Getting MSG isn't a lot to play for? If we lose to Duke on Saturday, we may fall behind them in the pecking order.

CJ played as reckless as we have ever seen. Cooney didn't know where the rim was. Ennis couldn't get a rhythm at all. Rak missed a lot too. We missed at least 20 bunnies tonight and airballed enough jumpers to make me believe we can never play as bad as that again in the next 10 years. Embarrassing.

Seriously need to practice using the backboard. I didn't even know it was possible to miss that many layups in college.

Worse loss in the history of Syracuse BB. Worse than Richmond or Vermont etc. BC is a horrendous team. I would make them wear pink jerseys in practice till Sat. Not allowed to put on a Syracuse jersey till game time.
that would show them

On November 26th we had six wins.

BC had six wins entering the game.

'Nuff said.

This team has been playing incredibly poorly of late. Two games where we won on last second shots, one game where our entire offense was pretty much Cooney going ballistic (Notre Dame) since the Duke game. We could easily have lost all but the Clemson game since Duke.

Kind of a scary thought.

Worse loss in the history of Syracuse BB. Worse than Richmond or Vermont etc. BC is a horrendous team. I would make them wear pink jerseys in practice till Sat. Not allowed to put on a Syracuse jersey till game time.[/qu

No - SU blew an 11 point lead with less than 2 minutes to play to BC back in '82 (I think) - that was horrible. This was just an unmotivated lazy effort.

Need someone else on the floor who can make a three. BJ Johnson, Buss, I don't even care. Literally just play cooney tight and pack it in and you will have a solid chance. What the hell happened to CJ Fair?

That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Losing a regular season game when we are a lock for ncaa does not compare to a first round tournament loss as a 2 or 4 seed.

We have become the gang that cannot shoot straight. Ennis and CJ were both awful tonight .. CJ was out of control most of the night taking wild shot after wild shot.
Totally true. It looked like we had a zipper on the basket. Nothing was going in. CJ got clubbed in the face and had cotton up his nose. Maybe we need some unrecruited 5-8 guys from the BC bench to spark us offensively.

Worse loss in the history of Syracuse BB. Worse than Richmond or Vermont etc.

That is re-goddamn-diculous. Losing in the tourney is 1000x worse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom