Western Michigan Gameday... | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Western Michigan Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, ha. No dude, I’m very happy we’re winning. But I want to beat teams that are better than Colgate and WMU. I’m not seeing a lot of protection for Shrader. He’s improvising, yes, but we need to systematically take this team apart running our stuff. I’m not seeing that yet. When I do, I will acknowledge that. The best thing that’s happened so far is our schedule allows for growth, so I’m optimistic. Think of it as a quest for excellence.

ps I’m liking this drive
They are sending the house, and we are making them pay.

I don’t see the issue. We have scored every time we’ve had the ball and the only time it wasn’t a TD is because we dropped an easy one.

Ha, ha. No dude, I’m very happy we’re winning. But I want to beat teams that are better than Colgate and WMU. I’m not seeing a lot of protection for Shrader. He’s improvising, yes, but we need to systematically take this team apart running our stuff. I’m not seeing that yet. When I do, I will acknowledge that. The best thing that’s happened so far is our schedule allows for growth, so I’m optimistic. Think of it as a quest for excellence.

ps I’m liking this drive

You aren't paying attention then. OL has been fine. WM is sending the house and they haven't gotten to him once cleanly. He is slinging it downfield to make them pay.

I used to do this thing in Tecmo where I’d take Montana, run him back to the 1, and launch a 99 yard pass to Rice or John Taylor.
Same!

Would also take a handoff and run backwards to the 1, just so I could juke through everyone for 99 yards with Barry Sanders or Bo Jackson.

the play calls on that drive... were right on point.. more importantly..you can see becks influence.. Shrader immediatley identifies man to man and gets it to Hatcher... that is seriour progress for our offense..looking like we will be able to recruit offense moving forward...If we keep this up most of the year...WR will be knocking down our doors to come play here

the play calls on that drive... were right on point.. more importantly..you can see becks influence.. Shrader immediatley identifies man to man and gets it to Hatcher... that is seriour progress for our offense..looking like we will be able to recruit offense moving forward...If we keep this up most of the year...WR will be knocking down our doors to come play here
i... agree... with... you...

I'd pay at least $100 a game to have Justin Barron miked up. Dude is always chirping the most savage stuff...

Receiving corp depth has come a long way the past few years
We might have had depth like this in the 90s when we didn't throw much and had Harrison and co but none of the recent teams have been anything like this. WR has been a huge weakness for a while so this is great and everyone has eligibility and should get better.

2018 Dungey spread it around a bit but all those guys went backwards the next year and straight up stunk w/Devito and Trish in for Ish.

Just hope we get to see these guys with a healthy OG. Wonder if Pena has lost his spot and is buried when he comes back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom