WF attendance and noise | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WF attendance and noise

No, we have never done that and I’m pretty sure it’s not legal.
Didn’t we just do it last year? I am not dissing fans, but it sure sounds like a ton of noise coming out of those speakers besides music and pa announcer.

i usually sit in the upper level, but was down low for this one and my buddy and I thought it was obvious we were pumping noise. I do not recall feeling that way sitting up top for Rutgers and Albany, maybe that was it.

Didn’t we just do it last year? I am not dissing fans, but it sure sounds like a ton of noise coming out of those speakers besides music and pa announcer.

i usually sit in the upper level, but was down low for this one and my buddy and I thought it was obvious we were pumping noise. I do not recall feeling that way sitting up top for Rutgers and Albany, maybe that was it.
During Covid we did it and then cut it when team came to line of scrimmage. The dome did likewise play the Alan Parsons project and AC/DC until the team gets to the line. I am certain we have never pumped in noise to escalate while opposition is calling signals. Hokie fans used to always accuse us . It’s total BS.

I don't think we pump in noise, but the band and the PA announcer and the sound effects (like the 3rd down bell) need to shut the hell up once the opposing team comes up to the line. It's technically against the rules and pretty poor sportsmanship.

sto there's no doubt its substantially louder with all that metal up there to reverberate things instead of the soft cushion (well kind of comparatively) to absorb some of it. If we beat FSU watch out for wake crowd noise wise. Will look forward to the first really big crowd there (Clemson?, I'd say yes if we can somehow manage to take the next two)

I don't think we pump in noise, but the band and the PA announcer and the sound effects (like the 3rd down bell) need to shut the hell up once the opposing team comes up to the line. It's technically against the rules and pretty poor sportsmanship.
Sorry but I’ve been there for 35, the pa and music is cut when opposition gets to line. Maybe once in a while there a second or two slow cutting the sound. But they don’t keep it going while QB is calling signals. 100% sure on that

Sorry but I’ve been there for 35, the pa and music is cut when opposition gets to line. Maybe once in a while there a second or two slow cutting the sound. But they don’t keep it going while QB is calling signals. 100% sure on that

That might have been true for the prior 35 years, but it isn't for this year. I'm convinced that the PA announcer literally does not watch what's happening on the field anymore. There were two or three separate times this past game when he was yelling Thirrrrrddddd Dowwwnnnnn when Liberty's offense was lined up and ready to snap. Likewise, there have been multiple times this year when the band was still playing while the other offense was lined up. Maybe it's post-Covid hiccups and getting back to normal, but it's definitely happened more often than it should.

That might have been true for the prior 35 years, but it isn't for this year. I'm convinced that the PA announcer literally does not watch what's happening on the field anymore. There were two or three separate times this past game when he was yelling Thirrrrrddddd Dowwwnnnnn when Liberty's offense was lined up and ready to snap. Likewise, there have been multiple times this year when the band was still playing while the other offense was lined up. Maybe it's post-Covid hiccups and getting back to normal, but it's definitely happened more often than it should.
Could have been a couple glitches, It’s not policy !

Could have been a couple glitches, It’s not policy !
When I re watch the game today I’ll check it but I’m confident what I’ll find

I think the student section turnout has been a big part of why these smaller crowds have been so loud. They've been pretty active and engaged in each game.

Big difference from the 25-30k crowds we'd have before with only 500 of that # being students.

If Willis doesn't fumble the ball at the end of the game, there'd be multiple posts calling for Dino to be fired immediately. Now, we are getting posts positing whether or not College Gameday would come to a Syracuse vs. Wake Forest game?
The board is just trying to cover all of its bases :)

Going to get a 3 or 3:30 pm start time.

If SU can pull off the win this weekend, and Wake holds serve against Louisville, you have a 4-1 SU against a ranked undefeated Wake. Might start getting those non-student seats filled up.

I think the student section turnout has been a big part of why these smaller crowds have been so loud. They've been pretty active and engaged in each game.

Big difference from the 25-30k crowds we'd have before with only 500 of that # being students.
Agree, think this is a major part of it.

I worked in the audio booth for some basketball and lacrosse games (plus an occasional football game) back in the day. Everything was by the book -- definitely never pumped any noise in. We didn't even play controversial replays back then (per the Big East rules).

Last year -- there was an exception given no fans but it was only inbetween plays and not during. Definitely not doing it this year -- the student noise was impressive during warm ups -- 3-6k loud, drunk students can make a lot of noise and it seems to be echoing in a different way than before. Love it.

During the Liberty game, the commentators kept talking about how raucous the dome was. Looking at how many empty seats there were, I just thought they were over playing it. However, based on what many here are saying, I guess they were right. VERY impressive for only 20k. Man, I get boosebumps just thinking about the home field advantage we would have if we could fill it up.
I kept thinking, man if Bobby Carpenter was ever in here for a packed game, he’d lose himself. Was completely dumbfounded by the noise level.

You should hear/feel it at 49k bub.

I thought he did but now I can’t seem to find it anywhere

maybe I’m making it up LOL
I don't think it was an outright accusation, but in the halftime interview he said the noise was affecting Liberty and wondered if noise was being pumped in.

I'm sure any opposing fan who's been in that place when it gets loud will vouch there's no pumped in crowd noise. Clemson comes to mind.

I definitely wonder now if the new roof has changed - amplified - the noise. In a half empty dome I think you would be able to tell if that noise was coming out of the speakers but IDk. Maybe the crowd noise is being mic'd ?

I too thought the announcers were overblowing things cause it didn't seem that loud on tv.

All I'm asking for is the lower bowl to be filled.

Crawl before we walk, walk before we run...

Dcuse and I have both agreed that the new roof seems to make the dome even louder, there is no way to validate that but the 20k bodies or so were very loud last Friday night. Wonder what other regulars thought.

WF attendance seems noticeably bigger to start in TM . It looks like maybe they have sections blocked off for family weekend and military appreciation. Plus it’s part of the 3 game pack. Hoping
I felt the crowd number was far less than 20k. I know my perspective of the lower bowl is not good from where I sit. But the dome did not feel 40% full but it was loud.