WF attendance and noise | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

WF attendance and noise

Dcuse and I have both agreed that the new roof seems to make the dome even louder, there is no way to validate that but the 20k bodies or so were very loud last Friday night. Wonder what other regulars thought.

WF attendance seems noticeably bigger to start in TM . It looks like maybe they have sections blocked off for family weekend and military appreciation. Plus it’s part of the 3 game pack. Hoping
True

Agreed...maybe even 4-5K more. The downside is Family weekend crowds are notorious for not cheering, or cheering at the wrong time...and watch a bunch of them leave at halftime for dinner.
Good call, I’m hopeful if we end up having a 3pm kick that won’t be an issue and everyone stays the whole game.

A 4-1 Cuse hosting a 5-0 WF will move tickets. CNY likes an "event" and if those are the team records I think it will be a nice crowd.

A 4-1 Cuse hosting a 5-0 WF will move tickets. CNY likes an "event" and if those are the team records I think it will be a nice crowd.

Especially getting the 3:30 slot on one of ABC/ESPN/ESPN2.

As momentum potentially builds for this, Dino needs to keep the team focused that they're playing an angry team who you assume still has pride, in a stadium where we've only once come close to winning.

I am trying to convince my wife to make the trip into the 315 that weekend so I can attend the WF game. Hard convincing going on with a 3 month old. If so, I'm good for the noise of atlas 5 people. Hope that can help.

I am trying to convince my wife to make the trip into the 315 that weekend so I can attend the WF game. Hard convincing going on with a 3 month old. If so, I'm good for the noise of atlas 5 people. Hope that can help.

You'll have at least 35k babysitters in the building though...

If Willis doesn't fumble the ball at the end of the game, there'd be multiple posts calling for Dino to be fired immediately. Now, we are getting posts positing whether or not College Gameday would come to a Syracuse vs. Wake Forest game?
yup and if cuse stumbles in tallahassee then that will be blamed for the attendance thread on the final home game this year (hell, maybe even the dome opener next year).

Dcuse and I have both agreed that the new roof seems to make the dome even louder, there is no way to validate that but the 20k bodies or so were very loud last Friday night. Wonder what other regulars thought.

WF attendance seems noticeably bigger to start in TM . It looks like maybe they have sections blocked off for family weekend and military appreciation. Plus it’s part of the 3 game pack. Hoping
In terms of volume, it could certainly be that new roof is more reflective.

Although, the dome was normally VERY humid for early games.(and human breath) Oddly, while humid air feels much more dense, dry air has more density. (Nitrogen and oxygen density). High frequencies travel better in low humidity, mid frequencies with no humidity.

While Dino may not like the AC? It may just be a factor in a louder dome for early games.

And yes. There is a way to validate the volume. I bring a decibel meter to the dome when I expect a decent crowd. I've measured the 6th loudest ever recorded in a college football stadium. ;-) (with "proof" of 8th loudest)

Last edited:
My wife changed diapers in the Dome for years! Time for yours to get started! :)

And no, they weren’t mine

1632845187415.png
Whispears for kids. The noise vibrations will put him to sleep!

It definitely sounded louder. My son said that to me and I wondered if it was the large student section or the hard roof. Maybe both. My wife was plugging her ears. I said imagine double this crowd?

Drop the kid off with CuseLegacy.

Definitely louder, even with fewer butts in the seats.

Especially getting the 3:30 slot on one of ABC/ESPN/ESPN2.

As momentum potentially builds for this, Dino needs to keep the team focused that they're playing an angry team who you assume still has pride, in a stadium where we've only once come close to winning.
Florida Stadiums have been a “pit” for us without looking it up I think we beat Miami once in all the BE matchups there and FSU has been disastrous. Couple wins at USF. It does worry me, and forecast is for heat.

Florida Stadiums have been a “pit” for us without looking it up I think we beat Miami once in all the BE matchups there and FSU has been disastrous. Couple wins at USF. It does worry me, and forecast is for heat.

90 and mostly sunny. Reminds me of that day in College Park in 2019. Actually let’s not think about that.

I’m glad it’s 3:30 instead of noon. IIRC, for noon games the FSU sideline is in the shade while the away sideline bakes in the sun. 3:30 game in early October might be a little easier.

UCF in 2002 was closer than it should have been.

My wife changed diapers in the Dome for years! Time for yours to get started! :)

And no, they weren’t mine
Was it her that threw the soiled diaper at the backboard during the Georgetown game?

or was that an orange?