WF attendance and noise | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

WF attendance and noise

Agree, think this is a major part of it.

I worked in the audio booth for some basketball and lacrosse games (plus an occasional football game) back in the day. Everything was by the book -- definitely never pumped any noise in. We didn't even play controversial replays back then (per the Big East rules).

Last year -- there was an exception given no fans but it was only inbetween plays and not during. Definitely not doing it this year -- the student noise was impressive during warm ups -- 3-6k loud, drunk students can make a lot of noise and it seems to be echoing in a different way than before. Love it.
I love how this board has a connection to virtually any part of life or athletics, particularly as it relates to Cuse.

Never a dull moment, thanks for sharing!

I'm sure any opposing fan who's been in that place when it gets loud will vouch there's no pumped in crowd noise. Clemson comes to mind.

I definitely wonder now if the new roof has changed - amplified - the noise. In a half empty dome I think you would be able to tell if that noise was coming out of the speakers but IDk. Maybe the crowd noise is being mic'd ?

I too thought the announcers were overblowing things cause it didn't seem that loud on tv.
Teddy Bridgewater when he called 2 timeouts on 3rd and long in the first quarter a number of years ago.

I went to the game and it was quite loud throughout. I had a little ringing in my ears at night. Students certainly a factor but the main reason is that the dome just gets loud. I have been to lacrosse games with 5,000 fans and even those seem quite loud at times. It doesn't take many people to get noise bouncing off those concrete walls.

One thing that is certain is that there was no fake crowd noises being pumped in by the speakers. The speakers could barely get the music to a volume you could hear and anything you did hear sounded really muffled. No chance they can also get loud crowd noise going through those things. Was there really anything wrong with the old audio system? It certainly was loud enough and not noticeably terrible quality IMO. A good rule for anything audio related is that it's better to know your equipment than have the best/most expensive stuff.

I woke up today to the email that my Wake tickets sold. I not at a crazy reduced price either. $44. Section 129. I think that could speak to the hype of attendance right now.
I got two tickets for $10 each, section 123 about a month ago. Looks like they’re going up, and deservedly so. It’s gonna be a good game.

I don't think we pump in noise, but the band and the PA announcer and the sound effects (like the 3rd down bell) need to shut the hell up once the opposing team comes up to the line. It's technically against the rules and pretty poor sportsmanship.
Exactly right. There was one instance on Friday when the bells and band were playing while the Liberty QB was under center calling out the snap count. That was bad. I don’t blame them for being upset about that. SU has to iron those things out quick.

I could be way off here but I feel like the new roof holds noise in better.

Before when I was arriving late to the game you could hear the crowd from outside and could tell what was happening. This past Friday when I arrived late the crowd noise seemed more muffled.

Not 100% sure because I typically don’t arrive late

Dcuse and I have both agreed that the new roof seems to make the dome even louder, there is no way to validate that but the 20k bodies or so were very loud last Friday night. Wonder what other regulars thought.

WF attendance seems noticeably bigger to start in TM . It looks like maybe they have sections blocked off for family weekend and military appreciation. Plus it’s part of the 3 game pack. Hoping
Pretty quiet in section 333. From the fourth row up.

I think the roof modification has definitely amplified the sound. Most people in my section feel the same. The combo of that, the loud fans still showing up (the diehards) and the phenomenal student turnout has made it extremely loud for small attendance numbers.

It had an obvious effect on Liberty play calling from QB to OL throughout the game.

If we can do numbers for attendance it will be literally deafening in there now.

Not sure why they don't have an decibal measure to show on the big board when it gets loud. That would be a nice addition.

I'm under the impression that WF weekend is family weekend. Maybe add 2-3k to whatever we think it might be...?

I'm under the impression that WF weekend is family weekend. Maybe add 2-3k to whatever we think it might be...?

Don't they drop student tickets on that weekend? I think they used to, at least. But I may be mis-remembering.

Chip nailed it

Handle business this weekend.
Hope Wake does the same.

4-1 Cuse vs 5-0 Wake, a team we've had decent crowds and exciting games against in recent years, will have a nice crowd - legit 37k or so, who will be in to it.

It'll be loud.

I’ll tell you one thing, even if we beat FSU, unless it’s by a wide margin, we’re getting zero national respect. Even on the ACCN Packer and Durham show they didn’t even mention our Liberty victory until over an hour into the show. They even included us in their worst of the week due to only having 77 yards in the air.

If we beat FSU and WF, I think people will really start to notice. Also that Rutgers loss is looking better and better every week.

I’ll tell you one thing, even if we beat FSU, unless it’s by a wide margin, we’re getting zero national respect. Even on the ACCN Packer and Durham show they didn’t even mention our Liberty victory until over an hour into the show. They even included us in their worst of the week due to only having 77 yards in the air.

If we beat FSU and WF, I think people will really start to notice. Also that Rutgers loss is looking better and better every week.
Well packer is a douche nozzle. When we have Tucker we didn’t need 400 yards in the air. Liberty would beat probaly 8-10 teams in the ACC right now, if not 12…

And WF is the big dog right now. a win against them would be prove huge.

It’s not legal

Freeze accused us of it, what an idiot.

100% much louder in the dome, it echoes very well off the metal roof

We need to push people for the Wake game to be there. If we beat FSU this game easily could be for the Atlantic division championship.

Hope we get a 3:30 or 7pm time slot that Saturday but probably not judging by some of the other games that day…

Alabama/Texas A&M
Iowa/Penn State
Auburn/Ole Miss
His Junk was shaking might have misunderstood the crowd noise for a motorcycle.

The Ticketmaster map actually looks pretty good for Wake

They are starting to sell higher up seats that they weren’t for the previous home games.

A win against FSU Saturday and I think you see a massive rush on tickets for WF.

We pick up the win the next two weeks and I think we almost get to a sell out for Clemson

Exactly right. There was one instance on Friday when the bells and band were playing while the Liberty QB was under center calling out the snap count. That was bad. I don’t blame them for being upset about that. SU has to iron those things out quick.
The no huddle makes so the PA announcer has little time to bark out THIRDD DOWN. But go around the country they are all still doing it. They try to get it out early as possible but the players are going to be at the line. Rewatching the game the PA was over we’ll be fore actual snap unless it was a quick count. Nothing you can do about that . I disagree , I think it was sour grapes because they got beat.