WFVU is a great matchup | Syracusefan.com

WFVU is a great matchup

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Let me begin by saying that I think Holgorsen's a genius and delightfully insane, and I fully expect him to bring the goods in the Bowl.

That said, I think Geno Smith is fragile. He's a frontrunner. If you can hit him in the mouth or make him have to fight from behind he shuts down. We've shown that we can do that to him. I expect that we'll hit him. Hopefully the offense clicks again and we put him in a hole.

I also like that we're facing a pass-oriented team in what should be really cold game conditions. Our ability to run the ball should make a difference here. The cold hopefully plays to our advantage. Even though I think the cold slows WFVU a little bit, I still expect a high scoring game.

The right kind of win could be a trampoline into next season. Finishing the season on such a solid win streak with a high scoring bowl victory over a rival with some history would be a great springboard into the ACC. We have the chance to really generate a lot of positive energy.

I think our defense against their offense is better than their defense against our offense. No doubt in my mind that Shafer will dial it up and try to hit Geno in the mouth. Our defense isnt spectacular but it sure does hit hard ;)

You have to like a coach that doesn't care how he looks or does. Give him a comb and take away his flask and he'd be a lot less interesting.

Don't they play that passive 3 3 5 D? Always seem to match up well for us.

I think our defense against their offense is better than their defense against our offense. No doubt in my mind that Shafer will dial it up and try to hit Geno in the mouth. Our defense isnt spectacular but it sure does hit hard ;)
We might be one of the most physical teams in the country.

I wish someone would go back checkout the W/L record for each of our opponents the week (bye weeks in between wouldn't count) after we played them.

So do I, but mostly because our defense is the better of two not-so-dominant defenses. And when I say not-so-dominant, I mean WVU's defense is one of the worst I have ever seen. They score 45 and it's still a game late in the fourth. That shouldn't happen-- see Oklahoma, Baylor to name a few.

That being said-- Geno is going to have a field day picking on our dbacks with Bailey, IMO. This game could be 49-49 at the end of regulation.

So do I, but mostly because our defense is the better of two not-so-dominant defenses. And when I say not-so-dominant, I mean WVU's defense is one of the worst I have ever seen. They score 45 and it's still a game late in the fourth. That shouldn't happen-- see Oklahoma, Baylor to name a few.

That being said-- Geno is going to have a field day picking on our dbacks with Bailey, IMO. This game could be 49-49 at the end of regulation.

Yea, to tell you the truth, I am not so confident that we stop Geno this time. You think he wants this? He got beat by SU twice. Look at his numbers against Baylor and Texas.

I hope he plays like he did against K St.

Let me begin by saying that I think Holgorsen's a genius and delightfully insane, and I fully expect him to bring the goods in the Bowl.

That said, I think Geno Smith is fragile. He's a frontrunner. If you can hit him in the mouth or make him have to fight from behind he shuts down. We've shown that we can do that to him. I expect that we'll hit him. Hopefully the offense clicks again and we put him in a hole.

I also like that we're facing a pass-oriented team in what should be really cold game conditions. Our ability to run the ball should make a difference here. The cold hopefully plays to our advantage. Even though I think the cold slows WFVU a little bit, I still expect a high scoring game.

The right kind of win could be a trampoline into next season. Finishing the season on such a solid win streak with a high scoring bowl victory over a rival with some history would be a great springboard into the ACC. We have the chance to really generate a lot of positive energy.
I'm going to go out of my way to congratulate myself here. Just absolutely nailed it. That's elite level posting right there. You're welcome.

Except for the part about Holgorsen bringing the goods.

I'm going to go out of my way to congratulate myself here. Just absolutely nailed it. That's elite level posting right there. You're welcome.

Except for the part about Holgorsen bringing the goods.
Aw, you shoulda waited, i was just about to post props to you, but now I'm just going to raise my glass. LGO!!!

Aw, you shoulda waited, i was just about to post props to you, but now I'm just going to raise my glass. LGO!!!
Team really came through. Coach had them ready. The players came to play.

I figured my post was completely forgotten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom