What’s the gameplan? | Syracusefan.com

What’s the gameplan?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
I ask this in all seriousness - we go into each game and it doesn’t even feel like we have a plan. Offensively or defensively.

Our offense consists of one on one play and erratic crap, and defensively our team is regressing.

After 22 games or so, you’d think we would be improving in all phases. Quite the opposite. Not good.

I ask this in all seriousness - we go into each game and it doesn’t even feel like we have a plan. Offensively or defensively.

Our offense consists of one on one play and erratic crap, and defensively our team is regressing.

After 22 games or so, you’d think we would be improving in all phases. Quite the opposite. Not good.
Tough to improve a team that has fundamental flaws. They’re not going to all of a sudden get better at shooting and rebounding.

Tough to improve a team that has fundamental flaws. They’re not going to all of a sudden get better at shooting and rebounding.
That was 100% going to be my answer. A friend, UCONN grad and fan, said to me earlier in the year, well, they will get better as the season goes on, right? I said No. The problem is that they have fatal weaknesses that will limit what they can do the entire season. We can't play against a good team. Now it appears, we can't play against an average team on the road.

The plan better be to recruit 4 and 5 star basketball players. I’m not optimistic. I’m very nervous about this next class (after Freeman and Moore)

That was 100% going to be my answer. A friend, UCONN grad and fan, said to me earlier in the year, well, they will get better as the season goes on, right? I said No. The problem is that they have fatal weaknesses that will limit what they can do the entire season. We can't play against a good team. Now it appears, we can't play against an average team on the road.
I don’t disagree. I have been beating the drum that we need better players. That much is obvious. At all positions. Even Brown is limited. No shooting = no spacing = not any space for your best player to maneuver. And your best player is also severely flawed.

That said, I have seen no evidence that our game planning is very good. We run no offense. We have no clue about defensive situations or how to play different types of offenses. Wake Forest carved us up. They are not that good.

Both things can be true. Coaching needs to improve just as much as talent acquisition. I get talent helps make coaches look better but coaches help average players in the same manner, if they’re good enough.

When you can’t knock down shots, it’s easy for the other team to pack it in and not allow penetration. When we shoot decent, we can compete. Opens up the drive in the lane.

When you can’t knock down shots, it’s easy for the other team to pack it in and not allow penetration. When we shoot decent, we can compete. Opens up the drive in the lane.
But according to red, offense isn’t the problem

Stop..
I’m not a Judah apologist but what do you mean? This team is devoid of talent. It’s not because of the point guard that our small forward throws lasers at the front of the rim or anybody else can’t a shoot either for that matter. Who’s Judah supposed to pass it to?

I’m not a Judah apologist but what do you mean? This team is devoid of talent. It’s not because of the point guard that our small forward throws lasers at the front of the rim or anybody else can’t a shoot either for that matter. Who’s Judah supposed to pass it to?
100% this. He has nobody he can rely on.

Good PGs make the game easier for everyone. He’s not a PG maybe that’s what I’m getting at

He passed to wide open guys at least 2 times early in the game and both were laughable bricks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom